Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Dealership Loaner Cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Dealership Loaner Cars

This might be a stupid question, but scheduled to get the 65K maintenance done on my 2014 A6, and was offered a shuttle ride or uber to my house. I asked about a loaner car which I had in the past, and was told that was only good for cars that were 2015 or newer. Has anyone else experienced this.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Nope. I've got a 2012 A6 and I've always been given a loaner car when I've asked, although sometimes I've needed to schedule my appointments later if a car is not available. But, I'm pretty sure that having loaner cars is a dealer choice, not a requirement from Audi corporate. Is there another dealer in your area?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

loaner cars are dealer specific

yes, a dealer must maintain a certain amount of loaners, and must buy a certain amount of loaners per year from Audi - but they choose who they allocate to

sounds like you need a different dealer
Old 01-04-2019, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 388 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by treysbr
Has anyone else experienced this.
When I take in our old jalopy, 2006, they permit me to select which loaner I wish to drive. No discrimination at our dealer. That, and VCDS, are the two key reasons we keep doing business there.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 160 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
When I take in our old jalopy, 2006, they permit me to select which loaner I wish to drive. No discrimination at our dealer. That, and VCDS, are the two key reasons we keep doing business there.
Careful, the old girl might hear you and throw up her a/c compressor or worse! I'm careful around our /04 Acura TL that has 171,000 trouble-free miles on the clock not to say anything that might upset her lest she take offence and end the uber-reliable and pleasant ownership experience. LOL. She doesn't even know we have a couple of relatively new Audis in the fleet. We are careful not to mention them in her presence.

Agree that the loaner policy likely dealer specific and that OP needs a new dealer. Very short sighted on part of that dealer. I'm sure that VAG requirement that dealers accept a number of loaner vehicles from VAG is driven by marketing considerations. It works. Ask me how I know. My /15 A6 3.0T (w/27K miles by the way) was at dealer for replacement of upper timing chain tensioners (TSB on that subject) over the summer. Not exactly confidence inspiring but glad Audi addressed the issue. Sadly the lead tech's wife had a baby with some serious health issues at same time I dropped car off for the work. Dealer had my car for 6 weeks (I told them under the circumstances it didn't matter to me when their lead tech got around to the job his family situation being paramount). During those six week we had a new A5 Sportback loaner. Wife loved it. Fast forward to October of last year -- significant discounts to be had from Audi and dealer -- presto, a new A4 Quattro Premium Plus now in our driveway. Pretty sure the A4 Quattro is same car under skin as the A5 Sportback. OP's servicing dealer is missing a good marketing opportunity as a result of their loaner policy -- one would think someone driving an older Audi might be in the market for a newer one before one who is driving a much newer car. At any rate the solution is simple --find another dealer.

Best,
Jeff
Old 01-04-2019, 01:40 PM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by treysbr
This might be a stupid question, but scheduled to get the 65K maintenance done on my 2014 A6, and was offered a shuttle ride or uber to my house. I asked about a loaner car which I had in the past, and was told that was only good for cars that were 2015 or newer. Has anyone else experienced this.
Always offered a loaner for either our '11 A4 or the '14 Q5. fyi.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Acuransx
Careful, the old girl might hear you and throw up her a/c compressor or worse! I'm careful around our /04 Acura TL that has 171,000 trouble-free miles on the clock not to say anything that might upset her lest she take offence and end the uber-reliable and pleasant ownership experience. LOL. She doesn't even know we have a couple of relatively new Audis in the fleet. We are careful not to mention them in her presence.

Agree that the loaner policy likely dealer specific and that OP needs a new dealer. Very short sighted on part of that dealer. I'm sure that VAG requirement that dealers accept a number of loaner vehicles from VAG is driven by marketing considerations. It works. Ask me how I know. My /15 A6 3.0T (w/27K miles by the way) was at dealer for replacement of upper timing chain tensioners (TSB on that subject) over the summer. Not exactly confidence inspiring but glad Audi addressed the issue. Sadly the lead tech's wife had a baby with some serious health issues at same time I dropped car off for the work. Dealer had my car for 6 weeks (I told them under the circumstances it didn't matter to me when their lead tech got around to the job his family situation being paramount). During those six week we had a new A5 Sportback loaner. Wife loved it. Fast forward to October of last year -- significant discounts to be had from Audi and dealer -- presto, a new A4 Quattro Premium Plus now in our driveway. Pretty sure the A4 Quattro is same car under skin as the A5 Sportback. OP's servicing dealer is missing a good marketing opportunity as a result of their loaner policy -- one would think someone driving an older Audi might be in the market for a newer one before one who is driving a much newer car. At any rate the solution is simple --find another dealer.

Best,
Jeff
absolutely, it's a no brainer

from a demo standpoint, people who have Audi's live in areas where there tend to be other nice cars.....and they work with people and know people who drive nice cars, or may be in the market for a nice car. Ans such, new fans are made.

we've always taken the stance that, especially as a car gets older (and certainly past it's warranty date), clients have choices as to who to bring the car to for service - we try to encourage them to bring it here, and a nice new loaner is one such way to build and retain brand, and location loyalty. I have manby clients who have older Audi's in their household as toys, or extra cars (whether it's an R8, or an RS4, or a TT ALMS or what have you)....why say no on something as easy as a loaner? Foolish tbh
Old 01-04-2019, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
loaner cars are dealer specific

yes, a dealer must maintain a certain amount of loaners, and must buy a certain amount of loaners per year from Audi - but they choose who they allocate to

sounds like you need a different dealer
I got loaners even when I didn’t purchase a car from that dealer.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. It was with Livermore Audi, will check with Concord Audi to see what they say.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
from a demo standpoint, people who have Audi's live in areas where there tend to be other nice cars.....and they work with people and know people who drive nice cars, or may be in the market for a nice car. Ans such, new fans are made.
This dealer is very short sighted and doing themselves a great disservice.:

When my bosses S5 was in for service they gave him an A6 for a loaner. I was always interested in one but did not want to go thru being hassled by a dealer after a test drive. He allowed me to take it for a spin at lunch. I went and picked up my wife at her work, we both drove it, stopped at a vacant parking lot and went thru the car completely, top to bottom. I was pretty much sold at that point. Spent a good amount of time researching them figuring out exactly what options I had to have. It took about 2 years to find a good clean used CPO'd one in our area with everything I wanted and then some. Been extremely happy ever since. I love this car!

Last edited by DanfZX14; 01-05-2019 at 05:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Audi Dealership Loaner Cars