Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Pure Protection - Did you buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmetro
Agree with ya. In fact it was surely a money maker, Audi should surely be offering it and making more money.
Anyways, I am looking to buy the warranty too. Have about a month to decide (before I hit the 10K and pricing becomes more expensive). I guess to each their own...in terms of risk tolerance. I took the warranty for my MB truck and have used it up already between the few issues I encountered. The only difference here being that for MB warranty was offered by MB company and here its a third party with deductible.

Any experiences out there of someone who used the warranty?
Couple of items:

1. Fidelity is well respected and has been around for 10 or 20 years, perhaps closer to 20.
2. Don't ask members if Fidelity pays; ask service managers at various warrs. They have the inside scoop.
3. I could be wrong, but Fidelity is affiliated with JM&A. They have provided the warrs for Ford for many many years.
4. Someone asked about loophole on refund for Audi Pure Protection. Call the administration office for Audi Pure Protection. They will likely refer you to dealer because the dealer ultimately decides how much they want to charge for a terminated warr.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What's best quote anyone has received recently for Platinum 7/70 or 7/100 with $100 or no deductible? I want to get the warranty by the end of this month. Best I've got is around 1980 for 7/70.

One more question for members in general:

Is that $100 per repair visit OR $100 per item to be repaired. Audi charges the deductible/co-pay per visit. Other policies might charge per item repaired.

Call Cavender Audi in San Antonio. Tell Linda or Anthony (F&I) that you are price shopping. Linda has given me substantial discounts as I have purchased warrs from her in the past.

Also, try Black Chevy and Cadillac in Ebensburg, PA. GMPP has a fantastic policy. I have purchased policies from them at great prices.

Fitchner (sp??) Chevy in Montana too. The Corvette forum lists one other GM dealer that has policies at great prices.

With GMPP, you take your Audi to any Audi dealer--on any licensed independent repair shop.

Cavender Audi is closed today--Christmas eve.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thinking out loud now. I purchased an extended warr which covered my vehicle starting at 50k miles. I bought an additional 30,000 or 40,000 miles??? and an additional 2 years for about $2300 or so. That was about 5 years ago. Zero deduct. That was in 2008. See my other response from about 1.5 hrs ago.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's best quote anyone has received recently for Platinum 7/70 or 7/100 with $100 or no deductible? I want to get the warranty by the end of this month. Best I've got is around 1980 for 7/70.
DC - Did you pull the trigger on the extended warranty? If so, any details you can share??
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
DC - Did you pull the trigger on the extended warranty? If so, any details you can share??
Call Cavender Audi in San Antonio, Tx. Central time zone. Two fantastic F & I people: Linda and ?Anthony?

Cavender (family owned dealerships) is probably the most respected dealer in San Antonio. They have Audi, Cad, Buick, GMC, etc.

I have been dealing with them for many many years.

Their phone #: 888-478-2089.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Diogenes
Here's a link with info on the various Audi warranties. It may not be totally accurate or up to date, but you'll get the idea.

http://fd-warranty.com/audi/index.html
I'm not affiliated with fd-warranty but did just buy from them. My dealer offered me a 7-70K for $4500 but if I bought 'now' was $3100. fd-warranty.com charged me $1800.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Willowdog,

Was the 1800 for the Platinum 7-70k?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Willowdog
I'm not affiliated with fd-warranty but did just buy from them. My dealer offered me a 7-70K for $4500 but if I bought 'now' was $3100. fd-warranty.com charged me $1800.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Pure Protection / Where to purchase

I know there are a lot of opinions on whether to buy an extended warranty or not. I bought a used 2011 A5. I decided I DID want the Audi Pure Protection. I quotes from a few dealers.

Troy Dietrich's quote was half as much the local Chicago dealer. HALF!! I have no other motivation to recomend him except for the great deal. If you decide you want the waranty. Contact him.

FD-Warranty.com
1 Main Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
t. 413-772-0989
f. 413-774-2247

Contact - Troy Dietrich
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

I read the different programs they offer at Fidelity. I realize these are not maintenance warranties but even with the top tier Platinum offering it seems they exclude a lot of expensive components. For example, sealed light assemblies ($2800 for an LED assembly), any of the object warning systems like ACC, Side Assist, parking radars, etc., various hoses, CV boots and others.

Also, I don't see any specifics on how the warranties work for dealer repairs or out of area where no Audi dealer is available. Do you pay first and get reimbursed or do they pay the dealer directly? Is there a pre-approval process before repairs can be done and is there a deductible for each repair instance? I feel the website could do a better job of providing some of this info before a call is needed so I'll rely on those of you who already purchased.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The way the Fidelity plans were explained to me was that because it is offered through Audi the dealer handles it direct, if there is a deductible the dealer collects that from you. Take it for what it is worth. I was paranoid so I took the 6 year 60K extended warranty it was like $1600-$1700, that will cover me for the 4 or less years I plan on owning the car and hopefully make it easier to sell as I will try and sell at around $50 miles so the buyer would have some protection for a period of time. I was just nervous with all the reports of German reliability issues. I hope I wasted my money ;-) otherwise I would not likely buy another German car.

Quick Reply: Audi Pure Protection - Did you buy it?