Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Pure Protection/ Tire Protection plan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi Pure Protection/ Tire Protection plan?

Hi guys,

I ordered an Audi A6 today.
My sales suggested me to get these when I paid the deposit.

1. Audi Pure Protection $1700
2. Premier Tire & wheel / Road Hazard Protection Program $850

For 1. It covers break pad replacement (1 set)
replace battery (1 time)
headlamp coverage (unlimited)
belt and hoses coverage
wiper blade replacement(1 time)
electrical coverage (unlimited)
wheel alignment (1 time)
and road service/ key replacement

For 2.
it covers the wheel basically

I got 20" inches sport package for my A6

I am wondering if it's worth it to do these if I don't mind pay before hand. How much does it cost to replace the brake pad??

I think I will also do the Audi Care for sure.
Not 100% sure about Audi Card plus though. (but I am planning to keep the car for a while )

I also paid for the following...
1. Scotchgard (Paint Protection Film) $1395
2. tinting (3M) $450
I believe it's not the best deal. But I don't know any shops.

I hope I can still remove these package if I found it's actually a very bad deal :P But it's on my buyer order already. I guess I can change these options before I got my car.

Thank you guys!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd say do the Audi Care, but probably pass on the Pure Protection - not sure if it covers anything else aside from what you mention, but here are some of the costs (based on my local dealer's rates) for some of the items:

1) Brake pads front & rear - $700 (net of 10% service coupon I frequently get from Audi).
2) Alignment - $150
3) wiper blades - get Bosch blades on Amazon < $40
Old 02-26-2013, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sunnyp1227
Hi guys,

I ordered an Audi A6 today.
My sales suggested me to get these when I paid the deposit.

1. Audi Pure Protection $1700
2. Premier Tire & wheel / Road Hazard Protection Program $850

For 1. It covers break pad replacement (1 set)
replace battery (1 time)
headlamp coverage (unlimited)
belt and hoses coverage
wiper blade replacement(1 time)
electrical coverage (unlimited)
wheel alignment (1 time)
and road service/ key replacement

For 2.
it covers the wheel basically

I got 20" inches sport package for my A6

I am wondering if it's worth it to do these if I don't mind pay before hand. How much does it cost to replace the brake pad??

I think I will also do the Audi Care for sure.
Not 100% sure about Audi Card plus though. (but I am planning to keep the car for a while )

I also paid for the following...
1. Scotchgard (Paint Protection Film) $1395
2. tinting (3M) $450
I believe it's not the best deal. But I don't know any shops.

I hope I can still remove these package if I found it's actually a very bad deal :P But it's on my buyer order already. I guess I can change these options before I got my car.

Thank you guys!

I opted for the wheel/tire protection. I also have the 20" sport package and was worried about hitting a pothole during the winter months (Chicago). My guess is that the cost to replace just one rim and tire covers the cost of the insurance. I like having the piece of mind.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scotchgard and Other things

I had the dealership put a 3M clear mask on my 2006 A6 Avant when I bought it 7 years ago. At 7 years the front, mirrors and door edges look new. The salesman quoted $600 and when I went to pay for the car I lied and told the F&I girl I was quoted $500. Saved $100. If you have any place within 100 miles that will put the 3M or Scotchgard on the car call for a quote. The dlr is about doubling the price.

I bought the Audi Pure Platinum Protection (3 years, 100,000 miles, $100 ded) at 32,000 miles and 47 months. Cost was $2,100 because I had under 35,000 miles on the odo. 2 months ago the Driver's Information Screen between the speedo and tach started to fail. Covered by the extended warranty, $1,250. I figure my cost for the coverage at $750 for 3 years or $20 a month.

I recently had the oil changed at an indy shop. $53 including tax. Dlr wanted $110.

Good luck with your new car.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the wheel protrection as well. They are just to expensive to replace and curbs seem to stretch to hit those 20"s so I figure peace of mind.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

http://microsites.audiusa.com/ngw/11...are_select.pdf

I found this brochure for the "term care select", which is the one I was referring to as pure protection.

They quote me for $1700 while I saw some people forum got like $1600...

But I guess the problem is that if this worth the money.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

My dealer sales manager is saying that:
"A full brake job costs closer to 1600-2000 (generally 700/1200 front and rear) depending on service center, and oem parts."

is this true???

Originally Posted by audi40
I'd say do the Audi Care, but probably pass on the Pure Protection - not sure if it covers anything else aside from what you mention, but here are some of the costs (based on my local dealer's rates) for some of the items:

1) Brake pads front & rear - $700 (net of 10% service coupon I frequently get from Audi).
2) Alignment - $150
3) wiper blades - get Bosch blades on Amazon < $40
Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incidence of megabuck repairs

"A full brake job costs closer to 1600-2000 (generally 700/1200 front and rear) depending on service center, and oem parts."

is this true???
I have been driving for 60 years, both in New England, and 2 years in Europe when in in the Army- in peacetime. For all the cars,(Always Japanese, German or Sweedish , I have never faced a megabuck cost for repairs, even when I tend to keep cars 5-7 years. I maintain well, but am not compulsive. My wife has had a number of cars since we have been married 43 years, with a similar history. If I had bought plans every time,(which I did twice) I would be way way behind! I am may best insurance company. Fortunately I can afford to pay when events have occurred, so I stopped buying protection for my Wife's 2011 A4, and my new 2013 A6. If I buy policies on both cars, it will cost $6000.00. Lets assume we have an issue on either or both cars that cost $8000.00 in the future. Would I pay $6000.00 to buy $2000.00 worth of protection? No! Never lost a wheel either.I can earn more $ in a conservative investment on $6000.00 also
Old 02-27-2013, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow! You are amazing!
Thank you for your advice.

Originally Posted by dssdmd
[*]I have been driving for 60 years
, both in New England, and 2 years in Europe when in in the Army- in peacetime. For all the cars,(Always Japanese, German or Sweedish , I have never faced a megabuck cost for repairs, even when I tend to keep cars 5-7 years. I maintain well, but am not compulsive. My wife has had a number of cars since we have been married 43 years, with a similar history. If I had bought plans every time,(which I did twice) I would be way way behind! I am may best insurance company. Fortunately I can afford to pay when events have occurred, so I stopped buying protection for my Wife's 2011 A4, and my new 2013 A6. If I buy policies on both cars, it will cost $6000.00. Lets assume we have an issue on either or both cars that cost $8000.00 in the future. Would I pay $6000.00 to buy $2000.00 worth of protection? No! Never lost a wheel either.I can earn more $ in a conservative investment on $6000.00 also
Old 02-27-2013, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

is this true???
When evaluating the service contracts, be careful with the fine print. I don't think any of Audi's service contracts covers rotors, and my experience with German cars is that when you replace pads, the rotors are replaced with them. So even if they cover the (cheap) pads, the (expensive) rotors and the labor to replace them will in all likelihood not be covered.
Most service contracts (aka extended warranties) explicitly exclude wear items like brakes, wipers, tires, shock absorbers, batteries, etc., as well as 'service adjustments' such as alignments. I saw that the platinum coverage includes one battery/prorate, one alignment, one set of brake pads (but no rotors). That's probably worth 400 bucks or so alltogether, assuming you need to replace all of them at the same time.

In my book, it makes more sense to think of this as insurance, and decide if the cost of the policy is worth it to you to cover a catastrophic failure (such as engine/transmission failure). The rest of the stuff is really in the noise.

Quick Reply: Audi Pure Protection/ Tire Protection plan?