Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi supplier discount and loyalty program

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

OK, so my A5 lease runs out in 8 months and I should have the following "discounts" and benefits on a A6 lease:

-Supplier discount of 6%
-Loyalty discount of $1500
-ACNA rebate of $500

Since I will be leasing second time from Audi Financial I should get a Illinois state sales tax rebate equal to 8% of the residual value of the A5 which should be about $22000. That should give me a $1760 credit.

Am I missing any more discounts?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
OK, so my A5 lease runs out in 8 months and I should have the following "discounts" and benefits on a A6 lease:

-Supplier discount of 6%
-Loyalty discount of $1500
-ACNA rebate of $500

Since I will be leasing second time from Audi Financial I should get a Illinois state sales tax rebate equal to 8% of the residual value of the A5 which should be about $22000. That should give me a $1760 credit.

Am I missing any more discounts?
Unless you can get the dealer to discount further beyond the 6% Supplier discount and you qualify for the all the items, that's about it. Audi reimburses the dealer 2% on the Supplier program. Dealers generally hate to give any of that up, though it's possible. Worth a shot. I failed to get any of that but I got a fair trade in value and as an offset, I was possibly the first 2013 A6 delivered in the U.S. in early July.

As a previous customer, the dealer took his only unspoken for allocation, did a last minute order change to my options and put me at the head of the queue. Took only 5 weeks to get my car from order to drive off from the very first boat to hit the US with 2013s. Dealer in MA, only 1 hour from RI port (closest U.S. port to Germany), helped too.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Dealers, most of which are experts at attempting to make a profit, will often play with the trade quote against any discount off the new car. If asked, they will usually provide a conservative initial trade offer until they see where the negotiations will go on the purchase price. The Supplier discount is 6% off of retail price against a 7% available profit but after the dealer is reimbursed 2% of the discount by Audi, their gross profit against invoice is 3%. The final trade offer will take that into account so it doesn't really matter when you announce that you qualify for the Supplier program. Many dealers will hold off on the final trade amount either way until they see where the purchase price will end up. That's been my experience over many new car purchases.
I hear what you are saying. Fortunately for me, when I traded in my S5, the initial offer was not enough, and before I declared my supplier discount, the sales guy and I discussed how he can use part of the MSRP (7% profit margin) to up the used car manager's offer. At the end I got a little more than the original trade-in offer and he used part of the 3% profit to give me the offer I was satisfied with (calculated at 55% of the S5 MSRP after 5 years).
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whst is the supplier discount? is it a discount based on your employer?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Ltdplus9
Whst is the supplier discount? is it a discount based on your employer?
Yes. Companies that do business with Audi of America will often be included in this program which is 6% off retail price of most models (i.e. no RS models; also freight gets no discount). There's no published list that I've seen - you would have to check with your HR dept. to see if they participate. If so, they would have a form you would present to the dealer along with the employee's company ID; (only employees of participating companies qualify - no relatives, friends, etc. unless they will be on the title).
Old 12-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the SPP roll over immediately each year? Or does the program tend to end in Jan and start up later in the year? The current program expires 1/7/13, but delivery is not until after that date.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by aggiealum
Does the SPP roll over immediately each year? Or does the program tend to end in Jan and start up later in the year? The current program expires 1/7/13, but delivery is not until after that date.
It's been renewed continuously for at least the last five years. The only change during that time was the dealer reimbursement from Audi went from 3% to 2%. Also, they will sometimes add or subtract different qualifying models. The A6 has always been included though.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

(only employees of participating companies qualify - no relatives, friends, etc. unless they will be on the title).
Probably true. However, in some (maybe many) states, transfers to certain relatives (including potentially parents/children, grandparents/grandchildren, siblings, aunts/uncles, and nieces/nephews) can be done on a tax-free basis. So assuming there's no running afoul of a limit on the number of vehicles a supplier employee can buy in a set period of time, assuming there's no running afoul of required holding periods for the new vehicles bought through the program, and assuming the involved parties don't mind paying the fees for a new title, it might be possible to widen the circle of eligible buyers a bit.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by spoon2000
Probably true. However, in some (maybe many) states, transfers to certain relatives (including potentially parents/children, grandparents/grandchildren, siblings, aunts/uncles, and nieces/nephews) can be done on a tax-free basis. So assuming there's no running afoul of a limit on the number of vehicles a supplier employee can buy in a set period of time, assuming there's no running afoul of required holding periods for the new vehicles bought through the program, and assuming the involved parties don't mind paying the fees for a new title, it might be possible to widen the circle of eligible buyers a bit.
Audi clearly states that only the an employee of a qualified participating Audi partner company is eligible for the Supplier discount. That means, the employee must be on the title at purchase. I know this is true after purchasing two Audis on the SPP. My wife, who is the employee, had to be present and sign the registration application with me.

However, once the car is purchased, delivered, registered and titled, Audi has no control over who the car is sold or transferred to although, as you stated, there may be additional state sales tax and fee considerations. (There may also be some requirement or limitation if the car is financed through Audi - I buy my cars outright so I have no idea),
Old 12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Audi clearly states that only the an employee of a qualified participating Audi partner company is eligible for the Supplier discount. That means, the employee must be on the title at purchase. I know this is true after purchasing two Audis on the SPP. My wife, who is the employee, had to be present and sign the registration application with me.

However, once the car is purchased, delivered, registered and titled, Audi has no control over who the car is sold or transferred to although, as you stated, there may be additional state sales tax and fee considerations. (There may also be some requirement or limitation if the car is financed through Audi - I buy my cars outright so I have no idea),
I've bought vehicles from other brands (Audi may or may not be the same) where the purchase paperwork fine print on the XYZ employer/supplier/fleet discount plan explicitly states that the vehicle must remain titled to the original owner for a certain period of time (unless destroyed in an accident, by an act of God, etc.). If not, the brand can charge the dealer back for the amount of the discount, and the dealer can then take legal action against the buyer.

Quick Reply: Audi supplier discount and loyalty program