Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Survey Sanity Check

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slant83
I had this happen on my last BMW purchase..The saleshole called me about 6 weeks after purchase and actually ripped me a new one on my cellphone voicemail !!!! I actually was so pissed I called BMWNA and played it to them...needless to say he was fired and BMW sent me a complimentary keychain for my troubles. REALLY !!
LOL!!!1
Old 06-07-2013, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slant83
I had this happen on my last BMW purchase..The saleshole called me about 6 weeks after purchase and actually ripped me a new one on my cellphone voicemail !!!! I actually was so pissed I called BMWNA and played it to them...needless to say he was fired and BMW sent me a complimentary keychain for my troubles. REALLY !!
Dumb salesperson.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
A few comments for you...
[LIST]
[[*]I don't think as a buyer we are "entitled" to a follow up call from the dealer to see how you are doing. Good business practice? Absolutely. A requirement? No. Having said that, my dealer was pretty much a pest with their follow-ups. It did however make me feel like a valued client.
I think Audi requires a follow up call. When I purchased my a6 it was actually a question in the survey. My dealer did not give me a follow up call but I said they did anyway as they did everything else perfectly.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MorganB
I think Audi requires a follow up call. When I purchased my a6 it was actually a question in the survey. My dealer did not give me a follow up call but I said they did anyway as they did everything else perfectly.
Very possible - and I would say the right business practice. For clarity, I was just saying that as a BUYER, we are not entitled, but in the same breath, the salesperson is also not entitled to a 10 rating. Want a high rating? Treat the buyer with respect and care. Clearly the OP's sales person didn't understand that, and IMHO, should not be selling cars for Audi.

I dealt with two different people when I bought mine... I wound up with followup calls and emails from BOTH of them, as well as the sales manager. I have nothing but good things to say my dealer - they exceeded my expectations on pretty much every front. Service has also been exceptional.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
I was told by my sales guy anything but a 10 would not be acceptable by Audi (and come back to the dealer).
I was told the same thing. That's a bunch of BS. There's a reason a 1-10 scale is provided and I used the scale, not what they told me. If all they recieved were 10s, what would be the point of the survey, and what would be the incentive to continuously improve?
Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I just got the AoA survey to follow up on my A6 purchase. They really need to allow "N/A" as an answer to certain questions rather than force you into an answer for something that doesn't apply to your situation. The questions about the dealer facility were funny, since the existing building is in a bit of disarray since they are opening a new facility right next door in a month or so. Overall, I had no problem giving them 10's where they asked for number ratings. I got a fair deal on the car and the trade and the car was delivered in great condition. I was honest about certain aspects of the process (i.e. they didn't introduce me to the service department or offer to set up the first service appt.)
Old 06-07-2013, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Grapeking
I was told the same thing. That's a bunch of BS. There's a reason a 1-10 scale is provided and I used the scale, not what they told me. If all they recieved were 10s, what would be the point of the survey, and what would be the incentive to continuously improve?
That's what make the whole survey thing virtually worthless for Audi. I've been hearing that from Audi sales guys for over a decade - "Please give me 10s" (even if they deserved good marks). Surely Audi knows this by now and the average buyer will accommodate them yet they keep sending out these useless sales and service surveys as a measure of dealer performance. How accurate can these things be? One of the questions should be, "Did your salesperson ask you to give them a 10 rating on this survey?" That might be more revealing than any other question.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Very possible - and I would say the right business practice. For clarity, I was just saying that as a BUYER, we are not entitled, but in the same breath, the salesperson is also not entitled to a 10 rating. Want a high rating? Treat the buyer with respect and care. Clearly the OP's sales person didn't understand that, and IMHO, should not be selling cars for Audi.

I dealt with two different people when I bought mine... I wound up with followup calls and emails from BOTH of them, as well as the sales manager. I have nothing but good things to say my dealer - they exceeded my expectations on pretty much every front. Service has also been exceptional.
MileHigh, what dealer did you buy from? I just purchased my 2013 A6 from McDonald Audi. It was a so so experience. There really was no follow-up. In my purchase experiences I would rate Porsche as the best with land rover and Acura close behind.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dmmdtm
MileHigh, what dealer did you buy from? I just purchased my 2013 A6 from McDonald Audi. It was a so so experience. There really was no follow-up. In my purchase experiences I would rate Porsche as the best with land rover and Acura close behind.
We just looked at a Q7 There. When we asked to test drive The "salesman" said "i guess if you need to"...really? he seemed uninterested and was texting in the back seat as we drove. Hoping this was a fluke, but really soured my wide towards the car.

Bought my A6 in Albuquerque, had a great experience, so didn't mind giving the 10's.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Had my shares of uninterested and unacknowledged sales guys/dealerships over the last few Audi purchases.

My recent A6 purchase was by far the best buying experience. Very accommodating and patient. Knowledgeable about the vehicles. Received a nice Tumi Audi badged laptop bag for my patience while handling the paperwork. My sales guy delivered the car to my house and spent an hour going over all the tech.

After all that, he asked if there was anything else that he could do to earn all 10s on the survey, he would try to accommodate. He earned his 10s on the survey.

Take your experiences and concerns to AoA and future services to another dealership.

Quick Reply: Audi Survey Sanity Check