Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bad experience in KW V3

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad experience in KW V3

Hello,

I am from Hong Kong and we purchased the (KW V3) for my 2015 Audi A6 Facelift 2.0T Quarto (185KW) on May 2016 and I have been riding it for 15000KM. When the first day I got the V3 installed, we found the rear coilover has a problem. The springs at the rear seems to not have enough power to support/lift up the car. The dealer said that it was already the maximum height. Now the problem is getting serious, the rear coilover is getting lower and lower, the gap between the rear spring are closed and making a lot of noise. We already checked with a few KW dealers in Hong Kong, and they all have no idea about this issue. Also a few of A6 C7 users are also facing the same problem.

After one month later, KW send me 2 new rear springs and i installed them. Now we are facing the same problem again. I have been sending emails to them, and they never reply. We are so disappointed with their service.

Just want to share the bad experience to you guys.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2017, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baubaulu
Hello,

I am from Hong Kong and we purchased the (KW V3) for my 2015 Audi A6 Facelift 2.0T Quarto (185KW) on May 2016 and I have been riding it for 15000KM. When the first day I got the V3 installed, we found the rear coilover has a problem. The springs at the rear seems to not have enough power to support/lift up the car. The dealer said that it was already the maximum height. Now the problem is getting serious, the rear coilover is getting lower and lower, the gap between the rear spring are closed and making a lot of noise. We already checked with a few KW dealers in Hong Kong, and they all have no idea about this issue. Also a few of A6 C7 users are also facing the same problem.

After one month later, KW send me 2 new rear springs and i installed them. Now we are facing the same problem again. I have been sending emails to them, and they never reply. We are so disappointed with their service.

Just want to share the bad experience to you guys.

Thanks!
This is exactly why I went w/ the PSS10s over the KW V3. I can't believe that KW has not sorted this out. I would assume the new springs would help, and if I remember correctly you can get a bigger perch possibly to lift the rear end some more.

That stinks as I know it costs money every time you have to make a change to it!

If it helps I have about 3,000 miles on my PSS10s and they have been perfect. So if you decide to make a change, these might be a good option for you.