Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

black headliner on black interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default black headliner on black interior

Pending a test drive, I plan to order a 2014 A6 TDI as follows:

Prestige
Daytona Gray - comes with black interior only
Brush Alum inserts
19" Sport Pkg (comes with all season tires!)
Black headliner

From the pics I've seen, looks like there is some contrast between the black head-liner and black interior itself, but then again the black interior with the standard whitish/light grey headliner also seems to offer a nice contrast. Just wanted to get owners' thoughts (or pics) on whether the black on black is too dark, and/or how the standard black interior (without blackheadliner) compares.

Also, the new 19" sport package lists the wheels as "5 double spoke" design. I'm guessing this is similar to the 18" sport wheels offered on the earlier C7's - any thoughts/ideas if this is same wheel or new design?

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by audi40
Pending a test drive, I plan to order a 2014 A6 TDI as follows:

Prestige
Daytona Gray - comes with black interior only
Brush Alum inserts
19" Sport Pkg (comes with all season tires!)
Black headliner

From the pics I've seen, looks like there is some contrast between the black head-liner and black interior itself, but then again the black interior with the standard whitish/light grey headliner also seems to offer a nice contrast. Just wanted to get owners' thoughts (or pics) on whether the black on black is too dark, and/or how the standard black interior (without blackheadliner) compares.

Also, the new 19" sport package lists the wheels as "5 double spoke" design. I'm guessing this is similar to the 18" sport wheels offered on the earlier C7's - any thoughts/ideas if this is same wheel or new design?

Thanks!
I like the black headliner and don't find it dark at all. Even with the sunroof shade closed. Its more of a dark gray than black black.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not getting the black headliner is the ONLY regret I have with my '12, Quartz Gray over Nougat, P+. The black headliner just seems to tie it all together.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

There is no contrast between the interior and the headliner I can tell, they look almost seamless. When I was looking at getting an A6I didn't feel like waiting for a custom build so I went around to some dealers and looked at ones they already had. The loaner they gave me for an extended test drive was black/black/black and when I got into an Ibis White/Nougat that had the grey headliner I strongly disliked it. I can't recommend the black headliner enough.

Here are some shots I took of mine with black interior and black headliner.

http://imgur.com/a/tmoCS
Old 06-16-2013, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Xtek
There is no contrast between the interior and the headliner I can tell, they look almost seamless. When I was looking at getting an A6I didn't feel like waiting for a custom build so I went around to some dealers and looked at ones they already had. The loaner they gave me for an extended test drive was black/black/black and when I got into an Ibis White/Nougat that had the grey headliner I strongly disliked it. I can't recommend the black headliner enough.

Here are some shots I took of mine with black interior and black headliner.

http://imgur.com/a/tmoCS
Great, thanks for the pics and I like the brushed alum. with the black on black interior...thinking it all look good with the Daytona gray!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Get the Black headliner !!! You won't regret it

I have all black interior and it does not look too dark at all. I would also say there is no contrast between the headliner and the interior. They really go well together

I have some pics here but not many of the interior

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2848358
Old 06-16-2013, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OK, so I'm sold on the black w/ black headliner...thanks for all the comments.

Now just curious to find out if the new 19" 5-double-spoke wheels with the sport pkg are the same style as the 18" sport pkg they offered on the first couple yrs of the C7 or if it's a different design.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audi40
OK, so I'm sold on the black w/ black headliner...thanks for all the comments.

Now just curious to find out if the new 19" 5-double-spoke wheels with the sport pkg are the same style as the 18" sport pkg they offered on the first couple yrs of the C7 or if it's a different design.
The car I have on order is the same colour combination, and on the face of it the same wheels. The Audi NZ web site "configurator" can show you a picture. Go here:

http://www.audi.co.nz/nz/brand/en/mo...360_views.html

then select your colour, and the 5 spoke 19" wheels and you'll get an idea. I assume the 5 spoke 19" wheels offered here in New Zealand are the same as are offered elsewhere in the world. Unless something has changed, my car should commence build next week - getting very impatient :-)
Old 06-17-2013, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kiwilester
The car I have on order is the same colour combination, and on the face of it the same wheels. The Audi NZ web site "configurator" can show you a picture. Go here:

http://www.audi.co.nz/nz/brand/en/mo...360_views.html

then select your colour, and the 5 spoke 19" wheels and you'll get an idea. I assume the 5 spoke 19" wheels offered here in New Zealand are the same as are offered elsewhere in the world. Unless something has changed, my car should commence build next week - getting very impatient :-)
Thanks for the reply and link...yes, it looks like pretty much the same car and those were the wheels I thought.

BTW, always amazes me to see the price differences between countries - looks like the price of your car is well over $100k (USD)...here, the way I have my spec'd is "only" about $63K
Old 06-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know the OP has already decided to get the black headliner, but wanted to add my perspective as well.

I originally had a Dakota Gray P+ with black interior and gray headliner. I traded that in for Dakota Gray Prestige with black interior and black headliner. I liked both of the interiors - the Black/Gray lightened up the cabin nicely, the Black/Black makes the cabin look sleeker.

One of my passengers said it best: The Black/Black makes it feel like you are in an uber luxury car as it exudes "class". The Black/Gray makes it feel like a luxury car with "spirit".

Quick Reply: black headliner on black interior