Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bluetooth Audio Player

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Bold 9930 with the latest OS installed (7.1) and have the exact same issue. The phone shows "success" at audio pairing, but the MMI does not. I have tried all the different settings, installed and uninstalled the Blackberry as a Bluetooth device, etc. Plus, although it does pair with the handsfree profile for use with the phone functions, I lose that connection several times during each drive.

Does anyone have a newer generation Blackberry that has worked with Bluetooth audio streaming?

Very frustrating to have the newest (and supposedly best) Blackberry that does not work with the latest version of Bluetooth in an automobile.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I suggest installing a different audio player, it's possible the audio application doesn't support it! I never had a BlackBerry, but this problem is possible.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Metallic-Force
I suggest installing a different audio player, it's possible the audio application doesn't support it! I never had a BlackBerry, but this problem is possible.
By "audio player," are you referring to Pandora, Spotify, Slacker, etc? I have tried without success to use the built in Blackberry media player and Pandora, both of which do support Bluetooth Streaming.

Steve
Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LIY
I'll put down the gun and answer "Yes"!
May need two bullets! Also check in the Bluetooth profile wether the device is enabled as a hands free (phone) or audio player. Sorry if you may have already answered this question with your previous answer, just checking! Good luck
Old 02-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by javicadena
Also check in the Bluetooth profile wether the device is enabled as a hands free (phone) or audio player. Sorry if you may have already answered this question with your previous answer, just checking! Good luck
I second this advice. The Blackberry needs to be paired as a phone, and as an audio player.

To see if it's paired as an audio player, hit the "Media" button on your console and then "Source" to see if it is on the list. You should see "XY's Blackberry" towards the bottom. If not, then the device is not paired for audio.

To pair it, hit "Tel", and then "Settings", then see if Bluetooth Audio is set to "On". If not, turn it on and pair the Blackberry.

To activate it once paired, say "Bluetooth" to the car voice system and it will switch over.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:11 AM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MANY THANKS!

Originally Posted by ThomasH
I second this advice. The Blackberry needs to be paired as a phone, and as an audio player.

To see if it's paired as an audio player, hit the "Media" button on your console and then "Source" to see if it is on the list. You should see "XY's Blackberry" towards the bottom. If not, then the device is not paired for audio.

To pair it, hit "Tel", and then "Settings", then see if Bluetooth Audio is set to "On". If not, turn it on and pair the Blackberry.

To activate it once paired, say "Bluetooth" to the car voice system and it will switch over.
Well, that worked! After, saying "Bluetooth" and getting a response of "empty source", I started Pandora on my phone, chose "Bluetooth headset", and lo, and behold, audio through my Audi!

Many thanks - did you get to this through experimentation, or was this in the manual somewhere?

LIY
Old 02-26-2012, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Finally figured it out. I could not get the Bluetooth audio to stream. I then went into the Blackberry Bluetooth Options for the Audi MMI connection and checked the setting for "AV Remote Control Target" and sure enough the streaming started working fine on Pandora and the Blackberry Media Player. No idea what the hell remote control target is, but that's what you need to do on a Bold 9930 running OS 7.1

Now, if only I can get the Bluetooth phone link to stay connected at all times. It drops off frequently, but fortunately not when I am on a call.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasH

Good explanation!