Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Boost gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Boost gauge?

I have been playing with VAGCOM and activated the Lap Timer with the boost gauge. However the boost gauge doesn't do anything. Am I missing something? Does it work on the A6?

thanks,
Old 11-05-2013, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It works. I finally noticed it working when I tracked the car and was using flappy paddles. Pretty cool for a visual. The lap timer feature is very cool by the way for track days. Came in handy for me to gauge performance.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
It works. I finally noticed it working when I tracked the car and was using flappy paddles. Pretty cool for a visual.
Do you have a pic, or can you share all your settings? I've not been able to get the gauge to show any boost - thought the lap timer works fine.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

where is the lap timer and boost gauge??
Old 11-07-2013, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Grapeking
Do you have a pic, or can you share all your settings? I've not been able to get the gauge to show any boost - thought the lap timer works fine.
That is sort of my situation. Full throttle in manual shows the green tacky strips but does not show boost. I haven't tried a a real aggressive run but I would think the boost would show something at full throttle.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Homer1946
That is sort of my situation. Full throttle in manual shows the green tacky strips but does not show boost. I haven't tried a a real aggressive run but I would think the boost would show something at full throttle.
The green strip is the boost gauge. It does not display PSI.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by msizzle
where is the lap timer and boost gauge??
You have to add it through the vag com cable. Kind of a hidden menu.

Originally Posted by Grapeking
I do not have a pic. I don't own a go pro cam yet so I only have memories and a little footage from a windsheild mounted camera phone video of the track. As another poster said, the green bars are all you really get. I barely paid attention though as I was on a road course that got a bit technical so I was paying more attention to the track and the M5 I was trying to keep in my rear view.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Homer1946
I was under the impression that the green bars were related to the engine speed and not boost. I watched a youtube video which showed a set of vertical gray bars on the left which seemed to be the boost, along with the horizontal green bars which seemed to drop appropriately with each shift. Another post also suggested the green bars were engine speed and turned red as an indicator to shift.

Am I in error here?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:19 PM
Banned

Mine doesn't show anything at all. The only good thing about Lap Timer is the Gear and Temp in the HUD, which I'd like to figure out how to keep without the silly lap timer screen.

EDIT: Just got those bars. Its only in Manual mode, and its definitely NOT the rpms. I went up the revs slowly and the lights didn't come on. The little arrow came on next to the gear number though to remind me to upshift.

Last edited by Mike_L; 11-25-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Mine doesn't show anything at all. The only good thing about Lap Timer is the Gear and Temp in the HUD, which I'd like to figure out how to keep without the silly lap
The actual lap timer is the best part of that mod. It tells the best, worst, and average lap time. Along with how many laps you ran. That is if you track the car but that is the main purpose if that mod.

Quick Reply: Boost gauge?