Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

The Bose Stereo. Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love crappy audio.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An upgrade to the Bose is welcome news. Could your system have had some kind of defect in it that you got such a great degree of improvement? Hope to hear from others that get this softwear update to see if they notice the same type of improvement. I just had my 5,000 mile service a month go but I would gladly return to my dealer if this upgrade proves to be that beneficial for the Bose.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I received the upgrade on or before 9/11, they called me on the evening of the 11th to tell me my car was ready (it'd been there since the 7th). The Bose does sound much better since the upgrade, even HD radio sounds better.
I highly recommend it.

Here's a link to the thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2826861
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm a bit confused by the discussion of the MMI radio update. Is the TSB for Sirius or for HD?

One of the posters said his Sirius sounded better, but the TSB is apparently for HD. Is that the one we are speaking about and is does it improve the Sirius as well as the HD?

I live in NYC area and have never had a problem with HD reception. It is the Sirius sound that sucks.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Westchesterrick
I'm a bit confused by the discussion of the MMI radio update. Is the TSB for Sirius or for HD?

One of the posters said his Sirius sounded better, but the TSB is apparently for HD. Is that the one we are speaking about and is does it improve the Sirius as well as the HD?

I live in NYC area and have never had a problem with HD reception. It is the Sirius sound that sucks.
It's across the board imop. I let Sirius lapse but CD, HD, and Media all sound much, much better. To Auditron, I don't think I had any defects repaired, just the upgrade. To my ear, it's a big improvement in the Bose system and I'm pretty happy with it. Let's see if anyone else can comment?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'll let you know tomorrow. going in for service. I hope you are right and it improves everything.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'll let you know tomorrow. going in for service. I hope you are right and it improves everything.

Looking forward to your report! If the improvements are legit, I'd even make an unscheduled trip over to the dealer for the update(s).

Standing by....

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

I guess AofA just considers us in America to be too stupid to notice. Audi wouldn't dare to pull that crap in Germany.

I would love to know if the seats in Germany in the top of the line A6 are the same part cheap leather, part suede, part plastic crap that is stuck in the US models.
+1

I cold not agree more. I don't have a C7, but there are examples of this on the C6 as well. The TPMS is one example, but there almost countless options/features not available in the US/Canada.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well - I went to my dealer to see if he had the MMI radio software update. He plugged in my car and found that the only uninstalled update was one that had to do with the transmission.

He checked further and could not find any MMI update for my car that dealt with the radio. Perhaps the updates referred to in the various posts had to do with a different model or year A6? Mine is a 2012 Prestige and he could not find anything to help.

By the way - this guy is a very well respected dealer with a great service department and I tend to listen when he advises me.

anyone who had this update performed have any thoughts about this? Perhaps there is a difference in the updates for Premium or Premium Plus? Did you guys get the Bose system as an option on your car? I think it was standard in the Premium. Maybe the update is only for cars in which the Bose was not standard?

Beats me. Bottom line is that my radio still sounds crappy compared to Bose systems in prior Audis.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Incidentally, the MMI version on my car at the moment is

HN+R_US_AU_P0487.

It is NOT HN+R_US_AU_K0566_5 that was mentioned several times by the others.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well - I went to my dealer to see if he had the MMI radio software update. He plugged in my car and found that the only uninstalled update was one that had to do with the transmission.

He checked further and could not find any MMI update for my car that dealt with the radio. Perhaps the updates referred to in the various posts had to do with a different model or year A6? Mine is a 2012 Prestige and he could not find anything to help.

By the way - this guy is a very well respected dealer with a great service department and I tend to listen when he advises me.

anyone who had this update performed have any thoughts about this? Perhaps there is a difference in the updates for Premium or Premium Plus? Did you guys get the Bose system as an option on your car? I think it was standard in the Premium. Maybe the update is only for cars in which the Bose was not standard?

Beats me. Bottom line is that my radio still sounds crappy compared to Bose systems in prior Audis.
Well, that sucks. Guess I got my hopes up for nothing.

(I, too, have the 2012 prestige; haven't checked my current MMI version, but will do so tonight.)

Oh, well; thanks for keeping us updated on the results.

Quick Reply: The Bose Stereo. Or, how I learned to stop worrying and love crappy audio.