Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bose : Worth it or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose : Worth it or not?

As someone who is very into their music I have traditionally ticked the upgraded stereo box on every single occasion, whether it was the Bose system or the B&O system. But on this occasion with the new A6/7 standard system I have actually saved myself £1000 and didn't tick the Bose box.

At launch all the cars were equipped with the £6K B&O system, beautiful and brilliant as it was I couldn't nor wouldn't spend that make on an car audio system, so I was more interested in the Bose setup to see whether it was that much worse than the B&O. Well while ordering my car today they mightn't have had the B&O system to compare the Bose too but they did have the stock system that comes in the car and I sat in a car equipped with each to compare different music styles, to be perfectly honest with you I preferred the standard setup, not only did it offer more bass but it was more mellow as well, two things that improved it's sound when on the move.

Has anyone else felt the same, because in my opinion Bose and Audi have shot themselves in the foot.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After today, the B&O system doesn't even get looked at. I didn't realise the subs on the shelves ate into the boot space! The sound is better and louder, but not for the £6,300 cost.

I did try and standard system against Bose and I just felt the bose gave more presence in the car. I think there are a few more speakers in the vehicle and the amplifier is a good deal more powerful with the Bose. Personally, I'd replace it all, but as it's for the wife, it's closer to what she's used to in the Q7, so she wins on that.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetinder
After today, the B&O system doesn't even get looked at. I didn't realise the subs on the shelves ate into the boot space! The sound is better and louder, but not for the £6,300 cost.

I did try and standard system against Bose and I just felt the bose gave more presence in the car. I think there are a few more speakers in the vehicle and the amplifier is a good deal more powerful with the Bose. Personally, I'd replace it all, but as it's for the wife, it's closer to what she's used to in the Q7, so she wins on that.
The Bose had slightly more clarity and could go a bit louder which is understandable as it's got an extra 420watts but the bass and particularly the deep bass wasn't there with the Bose, for me I would have needed to replace the subwoofer and probably it's amp at further expense, not something you should need to do after spending a grand to start with.

I think the money is better spent adding DAB and AMI, but that's me.