Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Brushed Aluminum Inlays

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brushed Aluminum Inlays

Okay, just passing time while I wait on my A6. I chose to have the brushed aluminum inlays vs. the wood/natural (I am just not a fan of the wood look). Those of you who opted for this...do you like it? Any pics would also help. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here, they look great. You will be happy with your choice.

On my last car, e46 3Coupe, within 5 years every wood panel had a crack in it. So if I can help it, no car I will ever get will have wood inlays.

Will post pics tonight
Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wood is for boats... not cars.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I agree. I unfortuantly have the wood inlays and due to no dealer inventory it was almost a deal breaker for me buying the car. Never thought of having pledge in my detailing shelve . I just try to ingore it and the black interior helps.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wanted wood, but had to take aluminum due to acquisition issues (there was only 1 other Audi built the way I wanted in the entire country, and the dealer wouldn't surrender the car).

I don't so much mind the aluminum look, but I hate it from a maintenance perspective. My Bimmer had the aluminum inlays as part of the sport package, and every time you got a little tiny ding in it, it stuck out like a sore thumb and you couldn't get it repaired. Just there forever. Hated that.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

The brushed alu trim looks nice in this car. Especially with the wide center console, it gives the interior a very minimalist, Bauhaus sort of look. I still really like the matte ash trim, but the alu is great as well.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i LOVE the aluminum inlays. This car just looks right with them, i couldnt see having this car with wood inlays, seems old school and wouldnt match the car/tech at all IMO.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I too was originally set on getting the aluminum inlays. My only reservation was in the new A6, these aluminum panels are actually quite large in the doors, dash and especially the center console area. I know its all a matter of taste, but I think the aluminum trim in the center console is just too much, and does not offer a lot of character.

My car has the Titanium grey interior color, and the glossy wood inlays look great! In this color, I think the aluminum would get washed out in a sea of grey. However, in a black car, I am not a fan of the wood trim, and would probably have went with the aluminum.

I really wish Audi would come up with some type of a black-grain wood trim. The BMW 535i's have bamboo anthracite trim that looks great. I would select that above all others if Audi offered it.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
i LOVE the aluminum inlays. This car just looks right with them, i couldnt see having this car with wood inlays, seems old school and wouldnt match the car/tech at all IMO.
While aluminum does look great with the black interior, I don't think it would go well with beige interior.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by psychodo
While aluminum does look great with the black interior, I don't think it would go well with beige interior.
I think the layered oak inlays look fantastic but I dont know how they would look with black interior. The aluminum does seem a little plain to me but some may like this minimalist approach.

Quick Reply: Brushed Aluminum Inlays