Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

C7 MMI Us to EU GPS conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 MMI Us to EU GPS conversion

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some research on the NAVI. I'm a soldier stationed in Germany and want to go on some awesome road trips here while I can. Does anyone have any experience with converting US Navi's to EU? Is it as simple as loading European maps onto the HDD? Or is this is much more complicated procedure? I have looked at some places where the mod was done, but not menay reputable sources. Any thoughts?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a complicated procedure but I used a company called VNSMEDIA and they did the conversion US to EU and the radio as well. Additionally they activated the audi connect.

m.grzywacz@vnsmedia.com <m.grzywacz@vnsmedia.com>

+48 22 789 62 51

Hope that helps
Old 07-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lmbatts
Its a complicated procedure but I used a company called VNSMEDIA and they did the conversion US to EU and the radio as well. Additionally they activated the audi connect.

m.grzywacz@vnsmedia.com <m.grzywacz@vnsmedia.com>

+48 22 789 62 51

Hope that helps
Thanks I'll look into it. How much did your mod cost, if I may ask?
Old 07-29-2013, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

400EUROS Euro Conversion
100EUROS Radio Conversion
100EUROS Activate Audi Connect
Old 07-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lmbatts
400EUROS Euro Conversion
100EUROS Radio Conversion
100EUROS Activate Audi Connect
What is involved with these conversions. Why would I have to convert the radio? And the most important question is how easily could this all be put back to US for when i take the car back to the US?
Old 07-31-2013, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Juan D Alvarez
What is involved with these conversions. Why would I have to convert the radio? And the most important question is how easily could this all be put back to US for when i take the car back to the US?
It's all software so it can be converted back. The us radio is on odd numbers and the European is on even
Old 08-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just a follow up here and a bump, but does anyone know the procedure for this US to EU mod if i were to tackle it myself? Getting the maps is pretty easy. What do i do about the software?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just a follow up here and a bump, but does anyone know the procedure for this US to EU mod if i were to tackle it myself? Getting the maps is pretty easy. What do i do about the software?
IIRC the radio tuning specs, etc. can be adjusted from within the "hidden" or "green" MMI menu.

Just be careful not to mess with anything related to the boot loader while you're in there.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spoon2000
IIRC the radio tuning specs, etc. can be adjusted from within the "hidden" or "green" MMI menu.

Just be careful not to mess with anything related to the boot loader while you're in there.
Spoon - Can u tell me where to do that in the green menu? I have had the Green Menu hack in my 05 A6 and 08 Q7 as well as my current 2012 A6 and I cannot find where to change the radio frequencies. I paid to have it changed every time.

The green menu is dangerous for sure but the bootloader isnt the only thing. I changed the internal Region back to US once and the nav system rebooted itself over and over again for hours. Finally had to memorize the key sequence to beat the Nav system booting. LOL. Thats was a scary moment.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Juan u cannot do the maps urself. They have to be activated once loaded.

Quick Reply: C7 MMI Us to EU GPS conversion