Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Can not believe :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can not believe :(

As you all know I am hunting down A6 as my next ride but I can not believe there isn't one out there that matches my conditions.

Ext: black
Int: Brown
Packages: Cold, Driver assist, Sports, BOSE packages

I am not able to find one with above. I think my color choice are pretty common and Packages are must.

The regular sound system sucks in A6 (No disrespect but I am professional DJ and I can tell you it's really bad)

As discussed Sports 19" package is most common and for a 32yr old with 75 miles commute it will be a fun ride all year long.

Cold weather is must as I am in NJ.

I can give up Driver Assist but I think 90% A6 comes with it so It's an added plus.

Spending $50k+ and still have to compromise

Going to test drive Lexus GS350 and BMW over the weekend. I can't believe for $50k+ there isn't much out there.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Worst case Scenario I will just go for ED.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scotch A6
As you all know I am hunting down A6 as my next ride but I can not believe there isn't one out there that matches my conditions.

Ext: black
Int: Brown
Packages: Cold, Driver assist, Sports, BOSE packages

I am not able to find one with above. I think my color choice are pretty common and Packages are must.

Not surprised at all. First, Audi does not keep a lot of inventory. Second, the sport option is not very common in the northeast (vs the 18" all seasons). FWIW, there are no A6's that match your conditions at the 2 Audi dealers closest to me in MA. The most common options are Cold and Drivers Assist.

Let us know what you think of the Lexus and BMW when you test drive over the weekend. I have driven all the cars in this segment and they all have pros and cons.

Good luck.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by looking@audi
Not surprised at all. First, Audi does not keep a lot of inventory. Second, the sport option is not very common in the northeast (vs the 18" all seasons). FWIW, there are no A6's that match your conditions at the 2 Audi dealers closest to me in MA. The most common options are Cold and Drivers Assist.

Let us know what you think of the Lexus and BMW when you test drive over the weekend. I have driven all the cars in this segment and they all have pros and cons.

Good luck.
I think you hit the nail right on the head. That's exactly what I got from the dealer I just spoke. She told me that she is able to get all the packages except the sports.

She I am able to get all the packages except the sports. I think time to say bye bye to sports package
Old 10-12-2012, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She I am able to get all the packages except the sports. I think time to say bye bye to sports package
Why don't you special order - is the wait too long?
Old 10-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Good luck.
I think the issue is I am blown away with my Audi experience and I don't think BMW or Lexus can impress me that much. I had an extremely horrible experience with BMW dealers but I am willing to give it a shot. I know BMW makes great machines but my over experience was very very bad.

Lexus I really enjoyed the experience but I find Lexus cars with extremely cheap materials in them (I test drove ES) but I am told GS is a whole different level. I sat in the car but I didn't get the WOW feeling from it. I am still going for a test drive but I have a feeling I am 100% sold on A6. Still no harm in taking GS350 for a spin.

When I sat in A6 I was completely blown away, I loved everything about this car and I can't wait to get one LOL!! (I think I am already sold on A6)
Old 10-12-2012, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think you hit the nail right on the head. That's exactly what I got from the dealer I just spoke. She told me that she is able to get all the packages except the sports.

Man that sucks! My dealer didn't have any 19" sport packages either, they had to acquire it from a dealership in Texas.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why don't you special order - is the wait too long?
If I have to wait for 3 months I rather take my time and just do European delivery. I will be saving 5% on invoice price and the whole ED experience is out of this world.

I don't want to do ED on Audi and planning to do my ED on BMW as every single person who took European delivery of their BMW said it's an unbelievable experience.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

There are quite a few reports comparing the 535xi and GS 350 here, including in an old thread of mine (Julyish). Might be worth a quick read. I found the GS 350 to be a very nice car that had a couple of drawbacks. Ultimately I came down to the GS 350 and the A6.

If you want the A6, keep looking. You will find the car you want...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ght=535+GS+350
Old 10-12-2012, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Doing an ED on any German car is an unbelievable experience. You really wont get a lesser quality experience from one manufacturer to the other.

Which dealership are you dealing with in NJ by the way?

Quick Reply: Can not believe :(