Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Can not believe :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, the invoice on that car with premium plus is almost $47,000. Let us know if you get this car for $43K + and I'm off to the East coast to buy this.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by palermo22
I have to take up and defend the Lexus ES (we just picked up a 2013 ES 300h (Hybrid) - eventually chose it over the A6 (for many reasons). The ES will never win in the performance category (but I would definitely call my car luxurious and comfortable). If Audi had come out with an A6 hybrid or TDI (for the USA market) then I probably would have chosen it. But getting back to your comment: there are no more cheap materials in the 2013 ES (completely redesigned) than the A6 - the A6 does have a few more goodies but option for option - the A6 (2.0) was $6,000 more and the 3.0 was close to $10,000 more!
I wrote detailed review of my experience driving ES300h on Club Lexus board. To be honest a lot of members who are current owner of ES/GS/LS agree with me that the quality in 2013 ES300h is very poor compare to older models. The plastics inside the car is noticeably cheap. According current Lexus owner from CL "The interior plastics are one of the most significant issues in the new ES for me. While I like the design of the interior VS my 2010, the materials are better in my 2010 overall, which was a material quality downgrade from my 2003 ES. Its a shame but I agree, in the daylight you can really tell. I found that the lower quality plastics are less obvious with the Parchment than with the black (or get, since 80% of the grey interior is black)."
Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Scotch A6
I wrote detailed review of my experience driving ES300h on Club Lexus board. To be honest a lot of members who are current owner of ES/GS/LS agree with me that the quality in 2013 ES300h is very poor compare to older models. The plastics inside the car is noticeably cheap. According current Lexus owner from CL "The interior plastics are one of the most significant issues in the new ES for me. While I like the design of the interior VS my 2010, the materials are better in my 2010 overall, which was a material quality downgrade from my 2003 ES. Its a shame but I agree, in the daylight you can really tell. I found that the lower quality plastics are less obvious with the Parchment than with the black (or get, since 80% of the grey interior is black)."
I don't want to turn this thread into a Lexus battle; but I totally disagree with you. I have the Luxury option (pretty much equal to the A6 Premium Plus) and there is very little plastic in my car. Perhaps you saw (or drove) the plain vanilla model - also, I drove the A6 2.0 and not only did I not like the CVT but (I am 6'1") I found the seats very uncomfortable - not so with my Lexus!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm still debating between A6/A7/GS350 F-Sport and BMW 5 series...

My heart says A7, but my head says A6, and my *** says Lexus due to the horrible seats in the A6/A7 and the awesome seats in the GS350 F-Sport.

The S4 is an option also is it is the most fun to drive...

Ah, first world problems, I know....
Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by palermo22
I don't want to turn this thread into a Lexus battle; but I totally disagree with you. I have the Luxury option (pretty much equal to the A6 Premium Plus) and there is very little plastic in my car. Perhaps you saw (or drove) the plain vanilla model - also, I drove the A6 2.0 and not only did I not like the CVT but (I am 6'1") I found the seats very uncomfortable - not so with my Lexus!
I did not drive CVT 2.0T so I can not comment on that but 2.0T Quattro is an amazing ride.

I love the space on ES I agree it's a big comfortable car but the ride is little boring for me.

I think everyone is looking for different outcome from their ride. So we both are correct in our own evaluation. No hard feeling but the interior on ES is not as impressive as A6 for me. Cheers!!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Axxlrod
I'm still debating between A6/A7/GS350 F-Sport and BMW 5 series...

My heart says A7, but my head says A6, and my *** says Lexus due to the horrible seats in the A6/A7 and the awesome seats in the GS350 F-Sport.

The S4 is an option also is it is the most fun to drive...

Ah, first world problems, I know....
Wow! you are comparing a whole bunch of different car my friend.

Good luck making decision.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Axxlrod
and my *** says Lexus due to the horrible seats in the A6/A7 and the awesome seats in the GS350 F-Sport.

Wait until you try the multi countour seats with nappa leather on the 535!

Excellent.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scotch A6
Wow! you are comparing a whole bunch of different car my friend.

Good luck making decision.

I can relate to this. I test drove Audi A6/A7, Porsche Panamera, BMW 535xi, Lexus GS350 F-Sport, Mercedes E350, Infinity M37x, Jaguar XF and probably some others I forgot.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'd suggest you look around the Wash DC area. There are 4 or 5 Dealerships and I'm positive one of them will have the car for you.

It's a trian ride down and you can drive the car back. I was actually thinking of buying my car in NJ until the salesman tried to charge me 6% sales tax for Va (it's 3%).

Audi of Tyson
Audi of Chantilly
Audi of Silversprings
Audi of Alexandria
Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush2112
I'd suggest you look around the Wash DC area. There are 4 or 5 Dealerships and I'm positive one of them will have the car for you.

It's a trian ride down and you can drive the car back. I was actually thinking of buying my car in NJ until the salesman tried to charge me 6% sales tax for Va (it's 3%).

Audi of Tyson
Audi of Chantilly
Audi of Silversprings
Audi of Alexandria
Damn! I should have done that. I could have driven or shipped it for cheaper than the CA Sales Tax :P

Quick Reply: Can not believe :(