Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Cannot change volume

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by GoinAudiMyMind
Yep, had same problem this morning. Was immediately followed by Sirius update message. Once update done, volume back to normal.
When my Sirius updated yesterday it did it twice. I park in an underground garage where the Sirius signal does not reach the car. I came out for a trip to the supermarket and as soon as I got into the sunlight it started to update. It finished updating, starting working normally for about 30 seconds, then updated again. Both times there was a message on the MMI screen “Please wait, Sirius updating, blah, blah, blah …”
I am not saying any of you with problems did so, but it is important not to touch anything while the updating is going on. I wouldn’t touch the NAV control even though I wanted to. After the second update and since everything has been OK with the Sirius radio including the volume control.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keeping with the thread theme about changing the volume and the inability to do so, do any of your listen to Pod casts off of your phone and or I-pod while it is plugged into the car? I listen to Car Cast off of the Adam Carolla ap. When I start the ap and a new car cast, as long as I have an active function performing on the I-pod (like playing a song), my volume will adjust when I need it to. However, once that pod cast is over, and I switch to another pod cast in the same ap, nothing. The volume will not rise, but it will lower, yet the volume bar is grayed out. The fix I have found is that I just pause the pod cast I want to hear, turn back on music on the i-pod, then turn back on my pod cast. I can than adjust the volume up and down again. Very odd. Anyone else experience this?