Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Chipwerke piggyback results

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike - thanks for posting about this tuning box. Was just looking at it on eBay last night. Quite tempted to buy, especially considering the findings you've shown here.

I'm hoping you can answer a question I've been chewing on since I first came across this type of tuning. Does it leave a permanent trace on the stock ECU like a remapping from APR, Stasis, or the others do? Could I just unplug the box when brining in my car for warranty work and not worry about a TD1? Or is this one of this where if you value your warranty, you should wait?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2014, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rhit
Mike - thanks for posting about this tuning box. Was just looking at it on eBay last night. Quite tempted to buy, especially considering the findings you've shown here.

I'm hoping you can answer a question I've been chewing on since I first came across this type of tuning. Does it leave a permanent trace on the stock ECU like a remapping from APR, Stasis, or the others do? Could I just unplug the box when brining in my car for warranty work and not worry about a TD1? Or is this one of this where if you value your warranty, you should wait?

Thanks
The computer doesn't even know its there. Nothing to worry about.

Besides that, I noticed that these are on sale, so they're even cheaper. Good time to bite if you're considering it.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my part of the Country the best I can get is 91 Octane. So maybe I'd only get a 80 HP improvement ;-}. Anyway, have you been able to confirm that the HP increase is primarily due to keeping the waste valve closed longer in the Supercharger, thereby increasing the boost to the cylinders.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dicktahoe
In my part of the Country the best I can get is 91 Octane. So maybe I'd only get a 80 HP improvement ;-}. Anyway, have you been able to confirm that the HP increase is primarily due to keeping the waste valve closed longer in the Supercharger, thereby increasing the boost to the cylinders.
I haven't been able to confirm anything. We're having a hard time getting my logger to talk to the VAG computer. It doesn't seem to be a standard CAN-Bus. Its HexCAN, which for whatever reason, won't link up, and I get this message.

Name:  0DA6C691-1A74-45EF-9D96-349A40EB30F7_zpsln4r1e9o.jpg
Views: 1492
Size:  77.9 KB

I was able to get Torque to link with it on my Nexus, but its not giving me any info on Boost or MAP Voltage.

Based on the sound, there seems to be more boost going through. Its much higher pitched than it was, kinda like when I put smaller pullies on the GTP and CTS-V.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mike_L
The computer doesn't even know its there. Nothing to worry about.

Besides that, I noticed that these are on sale, so they're even cheaper. Good time to bite if you're considering it.
Thanks for the quick reply. So nothing gets done to the stock ECU, yes? I don't want to risk losing my warranty.

Is this the one you're using? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A6-C7-3-0-TFSI-299-PS-ChipWerke-Chip-Tuning-PowerBox-/290833696260?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b70a0604&vxp=mtr#tab3
Old 01-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Banned

Yep, thats the one. Doesn't do anything to the stock computer. Dealer didn't even ask about it.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm a newbie to this site and it's already cost me nearly $400. ChipWerke PowerBox piggyback module should be hear next week
Old 02-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Banned

Well, guys, my testing might be coming to an end sooner than expected. I was expecting to have this car until July or August, but I got a call from the dealer today letting me know that they have a few A8 L 4.0Ts coming back from lease this month. If any of them are equipped the way I've been looking, I may pull the trigger early and take the loss on the A6. The chances aren't good, since Executive rear seat package 4.0Ts are ridiculously rare, but it is a possibility. I'll keep testing until I know whats going on for sure.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Well, guys, my testing might be coming to an end sooner than expected. I was expecting to have this car until July or August, but I got a call from the dealer today letting me know that they have a few A8 L 4.0Ts coming back from lease this month. If any of them are equipped the way I've been looking, I may pull the trigger early and take the loss on the A6. The chances aren't good, since Executive rear seat package 4.0Ts are ridiculously rare, but it is a possibility. I'll keep testing until I know whats going on for sure.
The a8 L 4.0t is an AMAZING car, good luck.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by feralc
The a8 L 4.0t is an AMAZING car, good luck.
I'm hoping, but still very doubtful. I found the perfect car right before I bought the A6, with every option I wanted, but couldn't justify the extra $23k for it. Haven't found another one since, so I'm not holding my breath.

Quick Reply: Chipwerke piggyback results