Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Climate Control Settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been searching these threads and must say there are few things about the Audi climate control I do not like. First the fact that every time I start the car I have to hit the recirc button is dumb. On all my previous cars I could set AUTO and then a temp, but I could then push the recirc button which would always leave recirc set. The Audi it seem you have to set recirc and Sync every time, seem pretty lame to me. I realize Auto is good, but I want to have it remember a setting if I select it. I also don't seem to feel any difference with the cooled seats set to MAX other than I hear the blower running (also annoying), I guess I'll have the dealer check it out on first visit. With my Infiniti you know the cooled seats were on.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't use the recirc function much but Sync is always on for me, even after a restart. Try this: Set things how you like them. Exit the vehicle and hit the lock button on your keyfob (not the door). Your settings should now be remembered.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
I don't use the recirc function much but Sync is always on for me, even after a restart. Try this: Set things how you like them. Exit the vehicle and hit the lock button on your keyfob (not the door). Your settings should now be remembered.
Hmm I'll have to try that. I need to dig out the manual again, really sucks not having it in PDF as I used to have my other cars on my iPad to read when I had free time.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just wondering what is the black button lookalike thingy between AC and OFF button? really curious though.
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by adly91
Hey guys, just wondering what is the black button lookalike thingy between AC and OFF button? really curious though.
Like U.S. Indy cars, it's a "push to pass" button. You get only two per day...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push-to-pass

On a more serious note, I believe it houses a cabin temperature sensor linked to the climate system.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

OK so I set recir and Sync and locked the car with the remote fob. I get in today and both are off again. I tried the MMI setting for recir sensitivity to OFF figuring it might preserve the setting, but no go.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by wilfred2k5
Keep in mind that Audi's "recirculate" button is for AUTO recirculate. Enable it once, set the auto recirculate option in your MMI and never touch it again.
Is that true? I figured by setting it to automatic I wouldn't need to push the button.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
Is that true? I figured by setting it to automatic I wouldn't need to push the button.
I don't believe you do with the auto setting. The button should be for a "one-time" manual override.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keithl
OK so I set recir and Sync and locked the car with the remote fob. I get in today and both are off again. I tried the MMI setting for recir sensitivity to OFF figuring it might preserve the setting, but no go.
Just another piece of anecdotal evidence, but my SYNC stays on when I leave the car and come back. This is a 2012 Prestige/Innovation.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Actually the Sync does seem to stay now, but recir is off every time. I need to see if it tied to starting or the unlocking.

Quick Reply: Climate Control Settings