Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Comparing the B8 S4 to C7 A6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver 74
Sitting here at my desk I have decided on the A6. When I was relaxing last night having a beer, my non-family-man self reemerged and wanted the S4. I need a little more time on this I guess.

Here's an idea that would really endear the hardcore consumer to Audi: Allow for some unique configuring of U.S.-bound cars via the European Delivery program.

VW is no cheapskate when it comes to special projects (e.g. Bugatti). The argument for not bringing a particular engine/body type/trim line is often more about the cost of dealer support and cannibalization than crashing a few Avant shells for certification (if that's even necessary).

With the German assembly line such a plug-and-play operation these days, why not serve two ends and get some great loyalty for the company? Allow the Audi hardcore to order an A6 Avant or similar for Euro Delivery. Make it explicit if something Avant-specific breaks, the customer is paying for freight from the supplier (e.g. liftgate strut, etc). The model must be available in other markets for the configuration to be allowed, and it must meet U.S. requirements as configured.

As VW has gotten more interested in volume and profit in North America, this would be a great way to get "special" models to the kernel of customers that have always hung around these brands for their special products.
Like I said before, if you want/need a new car right now, you might want the A6.

I'll tell you though....that when the next generation S4 comes out, if the tech is anywhere similar to the current A6 I will be placing an order the day of announcement.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bought the S4. Silver, P+, MMI, Diff, B&O, Backup Sensor.

The answer is that I need both (guy on Jerry Springer said that once about his wife and girlfriend). In the end though, I A) wanted to shift for myself, and B) the compact dimensions help offset the lack of rear seat space in Boston. Kids are still small (5 & 6).

A6 for wife in a couple of years. Avant preferred, if Audi cares.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I thought this was the best place to ask the following question

I am moving from a 5 series to a new A6 (in transit, at the dealers in 10 days ) However, the 5 series has been stolen so I have a temporary B8 S Line until the A6 arrives. I can cope with the suspension but I have got pain in my lower right back after only 4 days of having the car! I just can't get comfortable in the seats.

Are the S Line seats in the C7 the same as those in the B8. Might be an silly question but the seats in my 5 series were bigger, more like 'sports sofas', than the smaller seats in the 3 series I had before.

If they are the same I might have to rethink my order as I couldn't put up with this for 3 years