Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Complaints on 2012 / 2013 A6

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

My view: If lousy cup holders (they aren't completely useless or any worse than previous Audi cup holders), lack of headlight washers (never liked them spraying goop all over my hood when they worked) or a less than stellar rear view camera (I'm not recording HD movies with it, only trying to avoid hitting stuff) are the biggest complaints, I'm ok with it. The other 98% of the car is pretty darn nice in my opinion. (And I find the Prestige seats to be fine, at least for my butt; also, I have the overpriced B&O which sounds terrific so can't comment on the Bose).

"You can please some people all of the time, you can please all people some of the time but you can't please all people all of the time".
- Adapted attribution to A. Lincoln (substitute "fool" for "please").
Old 09-29-2012, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I remember correctly, the Daytime running LEDs act as fog lights as well. When I turn just them on at night to see how bright they were they actually light up the road lower and at an angle proper fog lights are supposed to do.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by directorguy7
If I remember correctly, the Daytime running LEDs act as fog lights as well. When I turn just them on at night to see how bright they were they actually light up the road lower and at an angle proper fog lights are supposed to do.
Not the DRLs but, included with the LED headlights, there are separate diamond shaped "all weather" LED lights just below the DRLs and LED headlight strips which double as fog and "adaptive" turning lights. They are aimed down and to each side and will come on automatically during a slow speed turn (when lights are in the Auto position) or manually with the with the switch.

Last edited by snagitseven; 09-30-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi delivered with new A6 one of the best engines/drive trains in its class, for me that was determining point as compared to competitors. Sound system can be upgraded, few members did subwoofer upgrade on this forum. My 2nd car is BMW so cup holders the same. A6 delivers oustanding handling/driving experience, most of complaints are minor but A6 overall is oustanding.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stoulana
Audi delivered with new A6 one of the best engines/drive trains in its class, for me that was determining point as compared to competitors. Sound system can be upgraded, few members did subwoofer upgrade on this forum. My 2nd car is BMW so cup holders the same. A6 delivers oustanding handling/driving experience, most of complaints are minor but A6 overall is oustanding.
My only complaints:
- MMI sucks compared to iDrive. Not even close.
- Brake feel sucks.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stoulana
What upgrades would you recommend to sound system?
Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobinwa
What upgrades would you recommend to sound system?
First, I would look at subwoofer upgrade few threads on this mainly from Sgroer:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2822634

Another 2 threads not from A6:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ight=subwoofer

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ighlight=rocks

Once sub is upgraded, I'll see what difference & if needed will do door speakers.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tuce
My only complaints:
- MMI sucks compared to iDrive. Not even close.
- Brake feel sucks.
I couldn't disagree more. Idrive in my 12' BMW is horrible compared to my wife's MMI. The navigation on the idrive is poor and doesn't make it very easy to follow.

However the B&O in my car makes it all disappear
Old 10-02-2012, 04:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gehmjc21
I couldn't disagree more. Idrive in my 12' BMW is horrible compared to my wife's MMI. The navigation on the idrive is poor and doesn't make it very easy to follow.

However the B&O in my car makes it all disappear
Perhaps I got used to iDrive after owning 3 BMWs. One thing that really bothers me about MMI is that it doesn't "remember" where you last were in the various functions. For example, each time I hit the Radio button I have to go to Presets, because that's where I usually want to be. It should remember that I was on Presets when I last used the radio. I should have to hit multiple buttons every time just to return to where I was before. This may seem like a niggle to some, but I think this is a fundamental user interface design flaw. Pretty basic stuff, and Audi failed.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tuce
Perhaps I got used to iDrive after owning 3 BMWs. One thing that really bothers me about MMI is that it doesn't "remember" where you last were in the various functions. For example, each time I hit the Radio button I have to go to Presets, because that's where I usually want to be. It should remember that I was on Presets when I last used the radio. I should have to hit multiple buttons every time just to return to where I was before. This may seem like a niggle to some, but I think this is a fundamental user interface design flaw. Pretty basic stuff, and Audi failed.
I think you are right about being used to iDrive. My '97 A4 didnt have MMI, so when I was comparing cars, I looked at MMI, iDrive, and whatever Lexus calls theirs without any predisposition. I really didnt look at Mercedes closely.

My wife and I both found for us that the Audi system was probably the easiest to use as a first time user. Once you understand what the four corner buttons do, its pretty easy to use to do basic functions. It was our first choice among the three that we looked at closely.

Having said that, after two and a half months, I have a few frustration points (all of which could be fixed in software).
  • The **** rotates the wrong way. I thought I would get used to it - not even close.
  • Some of the advanced functions seem to be buried in the wrong places - for example, repeatedly the google search for POIs seems to be hard for me to find.
  • Your point of remembering not remembering where I was... the preset thing is a great example
To me, those are relatively minor flaws, not a failure... but I wasnt used to how i-Drive worked, and I really have no perspective on long term usage on the BMW or Lexus implementations. For me, failure would mean the system doesnt work at all. I would hope that Audi would fix some of the things we are talking about, but I really kind of doubt it.

Quick Reply: Complaints on 2012 / 2013 A6