Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Complaints on 2012 / 2013 A6

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

Google search:

In Nav, click Destinations (lower left function button)
Scroll to and press "Online Destinations"
Select near, destination or city
Start entering name or key word and long press to get to list (I like how it remembers previous searches with a list as yuo make the letter entries; my Garmin never did that)

or

Voice: "Online Destination, (say your entry)"
The list will appear
Select via scroll, speak the entry number or next page

Google search is my most used option in Nav and I don't even think about where to get to it anymore. Improvements I'd like to see would be the list shows closest to current location order vs. random and an option to show more entries per screen. I do like the option to see the screen results all at once on the map by number.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Google search:

In Nav, click Destinations (lower left function button)
Scroll to and press "Online Destinations"
Select near, destination or city
Start entering name or key word and long press to get to list (I like how it remembers previous searches with a list as yuo make the letter entries; my Garmin never did that)

or

Voice: "Online Destination, (say your entry)"
The list will appear
Select via scroll, speak the entry number or next page

Google search is my most used option in Nav and I don't even think about where to get to it anymore. Improvements I'd like to see would be the list shows closest to current location order vs. random and an option to show more entries per screen. I do like the option to see the screen results all at once on the map by number.
Thanks... I've been using the first path you posted - it didnt seem "natural" to me, but I finally got to the point where I knew where it was. The second path is one I had not thought of... and seems VERY natural. Ill be trying that on my next drive.

I really think I need to work more with the voice commands - I use a few, but Im not as familiar with them as I want to be.