Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Dakota Grey Color

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Well, the short answer to when I place an order is when the financials are in place.

I was looking at the Lexus IS-F's until I matched it up with the A6. The Lexus is an amazing car but the Audi's mechanical and technical features make it more practical since I live in deer country and the snow belt.

When I do order, it's going to be similar to what you (dcmetro) ordered without the cold weather package. I would rather have the three spoke steering that comes with the sport package.

bobrillka - there's a couple people with the Dakota Gray in the picture thread - BugeyeRX (post 27)and PRI(post 148)
Makes perfect sense. BTW, I will recommend cold weather package if you're in the snow belt. I love the way the steering wheel warms up in winter. Folks in the back seat might like you for it too, in winter.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by palermo22
That is not correct: Dakota Grey is a standar U.S. color - check the Audi site and you will see it. We test drove a Dakota Grey with Nougat Brown interior and we fell in love with the combination. Now we have to push ourselves to order the car.
right, that is my fail. thanks for catching it.

good luck with your order!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Is Dakota Grey a standard color in Europe?
Yes it is.
I have ordered A6C7 3.0 TFSI Dakota Grey in one of Moscow Audi stores.

From Russia with love)

So, as i can see in US many options cost much cheap that in Russia..
Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
When I do order, it's going to be similar to what you (dcmetro) ordered without the cold weather package. I would rather have the three spoke steering that comes with the sport package.
From all I have read, you get the 3-spoke wheel if you order the Cold Weather AND the sports package ... your dealer should be able to confirm that.

If I lived in a cold state, I would absolutely get the Cold Weather package - I had a Buick on a recent business trip to MI and the heated steering wheel was pure heaven ...
Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer oolong gray to dakota gray... It is a fantastic color... Sometimes, I think I should have ordered that color instead... <sigh>
Old 02-16-2012, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about that Monsoon Grey Audi used to offer on the A/S4? how did that look?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bobrillka
Does anybody using this color? Any pictures, photos? What's your expirience? Is that practic color?
Thanx for comments and photos!
I have the Dakota gray and really like it. It appears to be the color that many of the early demo/review cars were when we first started seeing the new C7. It does definately look metallic brown in certain light but that works for me. I walked in intending to order with the beige (a little yellow against the Dakota) interior and my salesman talked me into the Nougat which I also really like. I've got the ash wood and would have liked to have seen the layered oak but it wasn't available at the time. Also went with 18" sport (Colorado winters), cold weather, and driver assist on a Prestige platform. Did come with the three spoke/heated steering wheel and CD changer. I missed on the black headliner but am thinking the gray opens the interior a bit for me. Sold my 02' Targa and an 05' A6 and haven't looked back. This car is terrific and almost as fast as the Porsche. Dramatic step up from the C6 and a winner over 535's imop. The color/interior decisions are such a personal thing and they all look good to me.

There are a bunch of great contributors in this forum and we've all got an opinion. Universal praise on the overall car--buy one!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the Dakota Grey... Love it so far. One thing it is good for is hiding dirt, another is the color is kind of rare and people always look twice

If I could warn new buyers about one thing it would be wheel choice. The factory pads throw a lot of dust. I have the 19" sport wheels which are 15-spoke... that's a lot of surfaces to clean.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:17 PM
HDK
AudiWorld Member

Here are a couple of shots of my Dakota Grey A6 taken on delivery day. BTW, i am quite pleased with the color although it does seem to change a bit depending on the lighting. Sometimes it almost takes on a taupe shade.
Attached Images   
Old 02-17-2012, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here's my Dakota grey, note the two shades. Same day, same camera, different sunlight.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Dakota Grey Color