Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Debadge or not debadge......

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

War cry for debadgers: "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

(ref: "Treasure of the Sierra Madre", 1947; "Blazing Saddles", 1974 and others)
Old 04-11-2013, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote for debadging all the way. I hope to be running a debadged S8 in a few years, everything off but the 4 rings in front and back, if I can help it.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Decim8r
Are you planning to throw the badges away? I actually want to re-badge my S6 with A6 badges. So the car draws less attention on the street and the neighbors/co-workers don't think I'm part of the 1%.
Yes, I'm likely going to debadge the S6 in the back, and thinking of going with A6. If you end up ordering an emblem, please post the part numbers. Thanks.

Jim
Old 04-11-2013, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
BTW, my sig shows the Supercharger badges missing. I had just had my Xpel installed when I took he photo and they had forgotten to replace them on the fenders. They are now back in place.
They took off you badges to do the XPEL?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by wilfred2k5
I vote for debadging all the way. I hope to be running a debadged S8 in a few years, everything off but the 4 rings in front and back, if I can help it.
Agreed. I wear the rings with honor and those are never subject to the fishing line. I might paint the rear ones, but the front stay shiney to let people know I am coming.

Removing the supercharged badges should reduce drag on the side right? HAHA. I will be super fast than.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Prem+ Debadging

I used floss on my Prem+. Did not have a 2.0T to remove. Found the glue used on this model much more robust than on my '06. Had to patiently use toothpicks and my finger nails to get the glue off. Finished with goo gone and a little speed shine.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
I don't think a car would (or should) state one's financial position in society. I see many who buy expensive cars and still live in affordable homes because that is where they like to spend their money on. Many drive nicer cars ($35-40K) and live in apartments where the lease and rental payments are the same for both. I guess there is nothing wrong with that either.

I debadged the "V8" in my S5 and thinking of doing the same with the "V8T" on the S6 for a cleaner look but will leave the S6 badge in the rear.
I think if you live in major metropolitan cities you will find that there are a higher concentration of enthusiasts and therefore knowledgeable consumers randomly walking the streets.

In fact, when I mentioned to a co-worker about the type of car I was thinking of buying you wouldn't believe the amount of ridicule and consternation that followed after the discussion. Also, we have some very nosy neighbors who constantly play a game of one upmanhip on who has the better house, apartment, car, clothes, etc.

So to avoid all that I like to be a little bit more under the radar on this kind of stuff.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Decim8r
I think if you live in major metropolitan cities you will find that there are a higher concentration of enthusiasts and therefore knowledgeable consumers randomly walking the streets.

In fact, when I mentioned to a co-worker about the type of car I was thinking of buying you wouldn't believe the amount of ridicule and consternation that followed after the discussion. Also, we have some very nosy neighbors who constantly play a game of one upmanhip on who has the better house, apartment, car, clothes, etc.

So to avoid all that I like to be a little bit more under the radar on this kind of stuff.
Debadging is a no-cost option in most countries (not the US)...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I debadge all my Audis, but with A6 I LOVE the supercharged

I actually removed the A6 and 3.0T from the back but I left quattro and I added Supercharged badge instead of A6..

I just feel they really make the car look sportier and give it that supercharged identity.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also here is another post on how to debadge that I posted to last year (literally :P) -> https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2827433

In that thread I link to this post on detailers domain about debadging an S4's "V6T" side badge and installing a "Supercharged" badge" -> https://detailersdomain.com/12-Audi-...ion_b_320.html

Quick Reply: Debadge or not debadge......