Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Deceptive advertising?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Wait... what? The LED's dont kill vampires?? Surely they at least slow them down... RIGHT?
I think to say "kill" rather than "eliminate" could be construed as misleading advertising. "Eliminate" leaves the options open and does not lock Audi into a specific vampire removal claim in the ad. Kind of like "99% pure" Ivory soap or "SAVE UP TO 50%!" or "The Ultimate Driving Machine" all of which leave a lot to interpretation and opinion.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, the lack of key, LED's killing vampires, or being a space alien driving a spaceship, doesn't matter. I love the Audi commercials and all that stuff is to be taken as fun and cute and nothing more. It's just those tires that irk me. One of the reasons I just bought the A6 Prestige over another choice (Audi or otherwise) was because I saw those wheels (first on the "space alien" ad) and absolutely loved them; only later did I realize I'd have to plunk down $2,700 more for a winter set. It just kinda rubbed me the wrong way when I saw that new ad with those wheels in snow... that, I thought, was stretching it a bit too far.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just assume the guy in the commercial is like me - he's already swapped the summer tires on the 20" package to Continental DWS.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Now... about that corner of my garage that is occupied by a stack of tires...
If you like the RE970AS for year round use, as do I, sell the OEM summer tires. I got about $600 through Craigslist. Helped to offset the cost of my RE970's, no tire swapping twice a year (or cost of another set of wheels) and made room in my garage.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AcuraUpToAudi
issue, this is outright false advertising.
hahahahahahaha

I always thought Norelco should be sued to advertising that Santa could ride on one of their electric razors.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nyuni
I just assume the guy in the commercial is like me - he's already swapped the summer tires on the 20" package to Continental DWS.
Now that perfectly explains it!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Yeah - misleading advertising without a doubt; and thank God! Anyone who buys a car based on TV ads deserves what they get. I for one will never get a Volvo now that I have been informed by a reputable naturalist that they don't intimidate wolves. Nuff said!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you like the RE970AS for year round use, as do I, sell the OEM summer tires. I got about $600 through Craigslist. Helped to offset the cost of my RE970's, no tire swapping twice a year (or cost of another set of wheels) and made room in my garage.
In retrospect, I wish I had done this as well. I rode the Pirelli's for about 4000 miles, then swapped for the RE970AS. I had never had summer tires on a car before, and thought I would enjoy driving with them, especially on rides up into the mountains. I did... but I find that the RE970AS handle VERY well too, really not a discernible difference on anything resembling normal driving, are quieter, and I would not have the stack of tires in the corner of my garage. I guess I could sell them now, but I dont imagine I would get much for them. I expect Ill swap them back onto the car in the spring, and probably run them out over the course of next summer, then I will keep A/S tires on it from that point forward - which is why in Colorado, I REALLY wish Audi would have just offered a 19" A/S package in the first place.

Now about those vampires. I think the LED running lights should at least SCARE them. I guess I could mount a wooden stake in the grill, and hang some garlic from the mirror...
Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nyuni
That was what I assumed to be the case when I saw the commercial. The son left the car running to come into the house to say quick hi to his sneaky parents who decided to take his "hot" car for a quick joy ride.

LOL LOL LOL
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

The best part of living in Florida - no snow

Quick Reply: Deceptive advertising?