Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Displaying Radio Song Titles/Tags

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Displaying Radio Song Titles/Tags

Does anyone else have this issue? When listening to standard radio broadcasts, song tags are haphazardly displayed, most often, not displayed. With Sirius, it works great. The artist name, album and song title is displayed.

Is this an issue with the MMI software or is it a broadcast issue from the radio station?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Radio station I would presume. Not all send over song information.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmetro
Radio station I would presume. Not all send over song information.
This.

I'm not too familiar with the radio set up in this car but does it have an RDS button? Usually when you press this button it will display the names of songs and the artists.

Could be turned off or like dcmetro said radio station doesn't provide the info.

Jason
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbg_dbg
Does anyone else have this issue? When listening to standard radio broadcasts, song tags are haphazardly displayed, most often, not displayed. With Sirius, it works great. The artist name, album and song title is displayed.

Is this an issue with the MMI software or is it a broadcast issue from the radio station?
It's not an MMI problem, it's the radio stations. Most stations in my area don't provide any station name info, and some info that is shown isn't very useful. Unfortunately, even the HD radio stations aren't consistent in providing song info like we're used to with Sirius.

As far as I have been able to tell from the owners manual and playing with the MMI settings in my A6 P+, there is no RDS functionality.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by atecson
It's not an MMI problem, it's the radio stations. Most stations in my area don't provide any station name info, and some info that is shown isn't very useful. Unfortunately, even the HD radio stations aren't consistent in providing song info like we're used to with Sirius.

As far as I have been able to tell from the owners manual and playing with the MMI settings in my A6 P+, there is no RDS functionality.
Thanks atecson. I find the same thing, even in HD, many stations don't broadcast song tag info. I don't get it. But, glad to know its not just my system.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most stations post this info. The only I know hoe to get the info on FM stations is:

1) Select the station you want
2) Select the "Function" button
3) Scroll all the way to the right & select the "Radio Text" function at the end

That will show you the artist & song
Old 12-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It depends on the station. What I have found is that some HD stations display the information in a box (just like Sirius) on the same screen, while some you have to go to Functions and select Text and it takes you to a new screen, which ou have to do each time you change stations.

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Most stations post this info. The only I know hoe to get the info on FM stations is:

1) Select the station you want
2) Select the "Function" button
3) Scroll all the way to the right & select the "Radio Text" function at the end

That will show you the artist & song