Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Do i need firmware update ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need firmware update ?

Hello All,
i have just bought 2012 A6 3.0T. just wondering . is there any update i have to do for my MMI ??

here is my system info.
S/w version : HN+R_US_AU_P0409

Nav. database version: 8R0060884AC NAR 5.5.3

Also, is there any cheaper option for Audi connect ? is there a way to use my celphone data ???

I am using iphone5 with unlimited data.

please help..Thankx
Old 03-08-2013, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

A good way to find out those answers would be to spend some time and browser through the forums. All your questions have been answered not too long ago.

Software 0566 (you have 0409) resolves the most issues (mention poor HD radio reception and MMI freezing frequently and you should be able to get the update during your next scheduled service), even though it's not the newest one anymore. And yes, there alternatives to t-mobile and no you can't tether the car to your phone.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
A good way to find out those answers would be to spend some time and browser through the forums. All your questions have been answered not too long ago.

Software 0566 (you have 0409) resolves the most issues (mention poor HD radio reception and MMI freezing frequently and you should be able to get the update during your next scheduled service), even though it's not the newest one anymore. And yes, there alternatives to t-mobile and no you can't tether the car to your phone.
I also have the same setup 2012 A6 Prestige...the 0566 update also improved the sound quality of my Bose Setup.

Plus I use the Red iPhone MMI Connecter Cable + the Apple 30-pin to Lightning adapter for my iPhone5
Old 03-09-2013, 12:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jigsb007
Hello All,
i have just bought 2012 A6 3.0T. just wondering . is there any update i have to do for my MMI ??

here is my system info.
S/w version : HN+R_US_AU_P0409

Nav. database version: 8R0060884AC NAR 5.5.3

Also, is there any cheaper option for Audi connect ? is there a way to use my celphone data ???

I am using iphone5 with unlimited data.

please help..Thankx
get a sim from Tru phone . works with t mobile system.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just remember - if you update the MMI as discussed and your Bose front/rear/let/right balance and sound is messed up tell the dealer to re-code the Bose Amp after the MMI update. I experienced this and after re-coding the amp the sound is great as others have mentioned.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSA6
Just remember - if you update the MMI as discussed and your Bose front/rear/let/right balance and sound is messed up tell the dealer to re-code the Bose Amp after the MMI update. I experienced this and after re-coding the amp the sound is great as others have mentioned.
Mine sound OK, but that is a good tip to remember. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
Mine sound OK, but that is a good tip to remember. Thanks!
Thank you all for your suggestation...
I stopped by Audi dealer, but according to him there is no UPDATE !!

also, it looks like my MMI screen has some problem..When i close the screen, at the end it makes some creepy noise and i could see it vibrating...

I had also discussed this issue with the service man, but since they did not had loner car, they didnt took mine..
But later on they called me and said that you have to pay $134 diagnostic fee. and that part might not be covered under warrenty.....is it real ?

please advice me.. how would i deal this issue with Dealer. i have taken an appoinment with the service manager to discuss it..

Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also, it looks like my MMI screen has some problem..When i close the screen, at the end it makes some creepy noise and i could see it vibrating...

I had also discussed this issue with the service man, but since they did not had loner car, they didnt took mine..
But later on they called me and said that you have to pay $134 diagnostic fee. and that part might not be covered under warrenty.....is it real ?

please advice me.. how would i deal this issue with Dealer. i have taken an appoinment with the service manager to discuss it..

Thanks
I would call AOA and have them call a dealer. This would especially help before ur appt with a service manager.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks
I have the same issue in my 2012, the screen vibrates rather violently shut. I have an appt on Wednesday at the dealer and will let you know what they say.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by adhesiv
I have the same issue in my 2012, the screen vibrates rather violently shut. I have an appt on Wednesday at the dealer and will let you know what they say.
Guys.

My screen did the same thing - I did not know that there IS an issue - my service guy (who is the best ever..) noticed the screen and without me asking ordered a new screen mech / transport and put it in. the way it sounded there was an issue with it (old one...) and that a replacement fixed it. Ever since it moves like butter.

Scott

Quick Reply: Do i need firmware update ?