Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Easy Valentine hardwire install

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Valentine hardwire install

I've seen a couple comprehensive hardwire install posts in the other discussion pages but thought I'd post this pic of the A6. The install was extremely easy. I opted for the home link wiring (Red/Black - positive and Brown - ground), using simple slicers. The cover off the ceiling panel comes off quite easily (I found its easier to pull off from the front) and only one hex screw holds the rest of the unit up. There's plenty of room up under the covers to stuff excess wires. I ran the 'phone line' power chord out the front underneath the roof liner and my detector is placed up high, just above the visor. The whole install took shorter than the time it took me to type this post.
Attached Images  

Last edited by A6GT; 09-27-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Pic added
Old 09-28-2015, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

But you have to tip the car sideway to do it
Old 09-28-2015, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Way over complicated IMO. I didn't have to turn my car sideways to do this, also didn't have to splice any wire.

Amazon.com: PerformancePackage Mirror Wire Power Cord with Inline Fuse RJ11 - Valentine V1 Radar Detector: Car Electronics Amazon.com: PerformancePackage Mirror Wire Power Cord with Inline Fuse RJ11 - Valentine V1 Radar Detector: Car Electronics

Works very well.

Joe

Last edited by techie2; 09-28-2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: run to splice
Old 09-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by techie2
Way over complicated IMO. I didn't have to turn my car sideways to do this, also didn't have to splice any wire.

Amazon.com: PerformancePackage Mirror Wire Power Cord with Inline Fuse RJ11 - Valentine V1 Radar Detector: Car Electronics

Works very well.

Joe
Hey Joe, I'm getting ready to buy this cable and install my V1. Do you happen to remember where (and which wires) you plugged the pins into please? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-28-2015, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

I do. Under my mirror, the plug from the top was the two wires in the upper left corner. They were directly next to each other. On my 2013 the brown is the ground, white and black hot (first pin upper left).
I did use a multi meter to determine what pin was what, I could not determine the colors easily. Also, you may have two plugs in the setup, I used the bigger of the two, probably 8 pins.

Joe
Old 10-08-2015, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That looks like a lot of work. I came right from the fuse block and up the A-Pillar. Very easy and took about 30 minutes.

Plugged right in to an open location. Only comes on when car is running. The auto stop does turn it off when in use.

Plenty of room along the A-Pillar and roof line.

Nice and easy splice. Easy to remove if needed.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I tried using my V1 in my 2016 A6 Prestige, I got alarms just sitting in the garage. Is the Audi Connect WIFI generating a signal that is confusing my V1?
Old 10-09-2015, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AZ-A6
When I tried using my V1 in my 2016 A6 Prestige, I got alarms just sitting in the garage. Is the Audi Connect WIFI generating a signal that is confusing my V1?
It might be the side assist. If you have a newer V1, you can download the App and configure the V1 from your phone. Here is a video showing how to configure manually.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A6Boom
That looks like a lot of work. I came right from the fuse block and up the A-Pillar. Very easy and took about 30 minutes.

Plugged right in to an open location. Only comes on when car is running. The auto stop does turn it off when in use.

Plenty of room along the A-Pillar and roof line.

Nice and easy splice. Easy to remove if needed.
Nice installation. Where did you buy the lead which plugs into the fuse block? And does the cover over the A-pillar just pry off? Thanks.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anybody have a suggestion on how to remove this ceiling panel? 2016 A6 Premium Plus.

Quick Reply: Easy Valentine hardwire install