Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Mats

So it appears that I cannot get textile OEM floor mats to match my interior(grey). I have only been able to locate black ones with grey piping. So if anyone has a source for the OEM grey that would be great.

From this forum and my own research I have decided to move ahead with some Lloyd mats. I am wondering which grey matches my interior. If anyone has the color number of the Lloyd mat they found matches best it would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone's two cents on Luxe vs Ultimat.

Thank you.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered Sisal mats from Coco Mats. Extraordinary quality and quite sharp. Very helpful in color matching, stitching, etc. Fit is perfect. CocoMats.com Car Floor Mats
Old 06-02-2016, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have Weathertech Digital Fit Mats in all of our cars. Quality product, and great for the winter months here in PA. Pulled the mats after 5 years n my old Infiniti, light gray rugs look like day 1 new.

Last edited by bp1203; 06-02-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been using 3D MAXpider Floor Mats (front and rear) for my 2014 A6 with grey interior since September 2014. Only my opinion, but I am totally satisfied with them.

Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit Floor Mat for Select Audi A6/S6 Models - Classic Carpet (Gray): Automotive Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit Floor Mat for Select Audi A6/S6 Models - Classic Carpet (Gray): Automotive
Old 06-02-2016, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 403 Likes on 334 Posts

The black all weather floor mats don't look bad on a clearer interior. Plus, they're easy to maintain and don't show much dirt that sit on them. Check this out: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...tures-2900429/
Old 06-02-2016, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have the Titanium Gray interior, which is what I have. I've got the mats you're describing, black with gray piping around the edges and a gray A6 logo. I actually think they look great and add a little black to the very gray interior. I think you might be happy with them.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the Lloyd Luxe Mats. I swap them out in winter with Weathertechs. You're right; there is no exact color match. I obtained swatches before buying. In the Luxe Mats, the "Grey" color looked too beige-ish. The "Medium Grey" is not an exact match - it's a shade darker. Attached are two pix taken with flash showing the Medium Grey in my car.
Attached Images   
Old 06-02-2016, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiclet11
I have the Lloyd Luxe Mats. I swap them out in winter with Weathertechs. You're right; there is no exact color match. I obtained swatches before buying. In the Luxe Mats, the "Grey" color looked too beige-ish. The "Medium Grey" is not an exact match - it's a shade darker. Attached are two pix taken with flash showing the Medium Grey in my car.
Love the Lloyd Luxe mats, have them in my Porsche, but those don't look right with the Titanium interior.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by dbelfry

From this forum and my own research I have decided to move ahead with some Lloyd mats. I am wondering which grey matches my interior. If anyone has the color number of the Lloyd mat they found matches best it would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone's two cents on Luxe vs Ultimat.

Belfry, Lloyd Mats has some specific "European" colors for their mats. You might call them and they have been pretty good at providing guidance in the past.

FWIW, sometimes a little bit of a contrast between the mats and surrounding carpets can be a very nice effect. You don't always have to go for an "exact" match.

I've ordered their Luxe mats and the Ultimat in the past and even some of the others. Get the heaviest grade of carpet. The others are simply bordering on too thin. Even the heaviest (I don't recall which is which) isn't that heavy.

(My wife's '15 Q5 has a grey interior. My '11 A4 has a grey interior. These two colors are entirely different and it can be a challenge to get the exact color you seek. I think Lloyd will send sample swatches. Ask.)

Welcome aboard!
Old 06-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for the replies, and for the titanium clarification for my interior color, didn't know what that was called precisely.

To clarify, I do plan on ordering Weathertech mats for the winter season here in MN, but I like the textile mats for the more agreeable weather. Which is why I was looking at OEM options and the Lloyd mats.

Completely personal preference but I do not like the contrast of the black OEM mats. Oddly enough from the dealership I have textile (titanium) OEM mats for the rear and the OEM all season mats for the front. I am trying to get to a matching set for both seasons.

I have ordered some samples from Lloyds and will let you know my findings.

Last edited by dbelfry; 06-02-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Floor Mats