Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

FML: 2013 A6 Prestige w/ruined seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it to a detailer and ask about an ozone shock treatment. It will sanitize everything. Same thing they use in a hospital ER.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Frankly I'm stunned this thread has not moved into the options for "trading in" your wife for being so insensitive as to barf on your ride.....

I'm really really proud of you guys. (wipes a small tear and gives a golf clap)

Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Hippyshakes
Frankly I'm stunned this thread has not moved into the options for "trading in" your wife for being so insensitive as to barf on your ride.....

I'm really really proud of you guys. (wipes a small tear and gives a golf clap)

I've found it to be considerably more difficult to trade in a wife than a car. And more expensive.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

May I suggest this next time she drinks? There are some new duck tape colors you can use in case she is worried about color coordination...
Old 01-24-2013, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I've found it to be considerably more difficult to trade in a wife than a car. And more expensive.
LOL snagit! Almost ruined a keyboard after reading your comment.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guys, you should have seen me the night it happened. I quickly pulled over into a gas station and yelled at the wife to get out of the car ASAP. Of course, not before making her clean up the crap. It was like slow motion when I witnessed the nasty "NOOOOOOO"
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by thrashx
Guys, you should have seen me the night it happened. I quickly pulled over into a gas station and yelled at the wife to get out of the car ASAP. Of course, not before making her clean up the crap. It was like slow motion when I witnessed the nasty "NOOOOOOO"
Pictures or it never happened!
Uh, on second thought, never mind.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My wife learned two valuable lessons that night:

1. A fancy designer scarf is not a good puke catcher
2. A martini named 'Grapefruit Rickey' is evil (vodka, fresh squeezed grapefruit, lime juice, simple syrup, St Germain Elder Flower Liqueur & club soda)

Guys, I can still smell grapefruit funk!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by thrashx

Guys, I can still smell grapefruit funk!
Uh, yuk. Hope you are able to get that out. Soured grapefruit just sounds nasty

The wife of a friend of mine had an accident in the parking lot of a grocery store. Apparently, the milk container ruptured and milk was all through the carpet. Despite his requests, they towed the car off to the yard without cleaning it first. You can probably imagine the stench after that sat for a few days in oppressive Midwest summer heat.

The were never able to get THAT smell out, and ultimately replaced the car. I don't know if the insurance paid to replace it, but seems to me that they should have.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This story brings me back to my early 20's. I had a girlfriend one night that couldn't hold hers one night. Fortunately I was able to pull over so the Acura missed that one. However my Explorer before that did not fair so well. Guy in the back seat got sick and instead of sticking his head out back portion of the window so only my side (outside) got the brunt, he stuck his out out the forward part of the window and it blew right back in my cab. Several bottles of water later from a gas station and many papertowels later, it was tolerable and I left him on the side of the road. He wasn't my friend. My clean up afterwards the next morning was not pleasant. It is amazing how many grooves a car truely has when you need to clean puke up.

Quick Reply: FML: 2013 A6 Prestige w/ruined seat