Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Front Amber delete sticker

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to revive this old thing, but I've thought about doing this, but none of the pictures show the headlight from the other angles, which I think would make it look weird as it doesn't really hide anything. I'm also really curious how they'd look at night.

I was holding my broken headlight in my hand and it's simply impossible to get into the headlight housing as it is hard pressed onto the other parts.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Metallic-Force
Sorry to revive this old thing, but I've thought about doing this, but none of the pictures show the headlight from the other angles, which I think would make it look weird as it doesn't really hide anything. I'm also really curious how they'd look at night.

I was holding my broken headlight in my hand and it's simply impossible to get into the headlight housing as it is hard pressed onto the other parts.
Sorry to hiJack But can you elaborate on the things in your Sig? I see "Oval Tips" and "ECU Tune"
Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by at1183
Sorry to hiJack But can you elaborate on the things in your Sig? I see "Oval Tips" and "ECU Tune"
I'm terribly sorry, this is actually my wish list on the car. I've been waiting for ABT tune to put on my car, but I'm still fighting with the fact that it might bring more problems that it's worth.

Also, I've been looking at RS 5 Style exhaust and I think it just looks WOW!

The Front Lip is also out of ABT, just look at this pic, the front lip really makes the car seem much more aggressive.

Last edited by Metallic-Force; 04-01-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

european version, without orange color : it should be possible to modify US version ...
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2012, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Amber delete at different angles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BsmmMEjQ7Y
Old 04-01-2012, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Metallic-Force
You can get into some headlights by heating them in a oven. It softens the adhesive. Heat a oven to 200~250*F. Turn off the oven and place the headlight inside on a piece of cardboard. Let it soak for 10~15 minutes. Remove and try to pry the lens from the housing.

It might take a couple of heatings to get the lens off. Use heat and clamps to seal them back together.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can't believe you'd play with a $900 unit for the sake of an amber reflector! Just my 2 cents. Plus aren't there any regulations about these items being mandated by the government?
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rtw_ca
I can't believe you'd play with a $900 unit for the sake of an amber reflector! Just my 2 cents. Plus aren't there any regulations about these items being mandated by the government?
People can't believe that you would/could rebuild a wreaked Audi.

You start small with something like a broken headlight and learn on that. I've opened around a dozen different head lights and tail lights for modifying. Some get vinyl, some paint, some LEDs. I don't mind the amber so I wouldn't remove them from my lights.

The amber reflectors are mandated and in some places, you will get tickets if you don't have them. It's like tint, some places are stricter than others.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rtw_ca
900$? are you talking about the headlights? it's 2100 each.
It's broken, so it's getting replaced, so I'm toying around with it because it's what I do, I'm studying to be an engineer.

yeah there are regulations against it, but I've been driving without a front license plate for the past 3 years, along with an amber delete. So I'm pretty certain I'll be ok.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

$2100 perhaps including the bulbs and HID drivers. The shell is only $900. Believe me...I know, I just bought both. ;-)

Quick Reply: Front Amber delete sticker