Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

front parking sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front parking sensors

In my Touaregs and other cars, the parking distance sensors would work anytime I dropped down to a slower speed (or stopped).

I now have to shift to reverse or press the parking sensor button for the sensors to activate. I find this annoying as I'm making tight/narrow approaches to parking garages. Also couldn't find any other option in the manual or in the MMI menus.

Any ideas?

Don't tell me I don't need them... It's just awfully confusing to expect them in one car and not have them in another. It should be configurable.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the only solution is to press the button. Once you get in the habit of doing so it doesn't become much of an issue. I do it just to make sure I have positioned the car in the garage where I want it, not a big deal.

I would rather to have to push the button than to have it automatically come on every time I am in NJ traffic...
Old 08-06-2013, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by laissezfaire
In my Touaregs and other cars, the parking distance sensors would work anytime I dropped down to a slower speed (or stopped).

So every time you come to a stop sign or stop light the packing sensors would come on?

Sounds annoying.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by looking@audi
So every time you come to a stop sign or stop light the packing sensors would come on?

Sounds annoying.
not at all. The sensors are on only with slow forward motion. Very helpful in city or airport garage approaches to ticket/entry gates, front parking in tight spaces and entry into my own garage.

I looked at all the menus... there's no option available. How strange there's a different implementation between VW and Audi on this. The system looks identical on the screen.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Banned

not at all. The sensors are on only with slow forward motion. Very helpful in city or airport garage approaches to ticket/entry gates, front parking in tight spaces and entry into my own garage.

I looked at all the menus... there's no option available. How strange there's a different implementation between VW and Audi on this. The system looks identical on the screen.
I agree with you in this one, it annoys me they do not get activated in the front unless you put the car in reverse or press the button, why? because my cayenne and my Mercedes used to do that and sometimes I forget and I have been very close to hit something because I do not remember this one does not activate in the front automatically.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

So how does it not come on in slow bumper to bumper traffic during rush hour?
Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by feralc
I agree with you in this one, it annoys me they do not get activated in the front unless you put the car in reverse or press the button,
What button? Not sure I ever noticed a button to activate them. Where is it located
Old 08-07-2013, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm liking the auto sensing feature already. It is really helpful especially going in my tight garage. It would be awesome if this can be activated via vagcom.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61
What button? Not sure I ever noticed a button to activate them. Where is it located
There is a button on the center council along the row of buttons (stop/start, airbag indicator light, sun shade) and there is a button for the parking sensors to manually turn on the system. Your camera will also turn on in the back.

I use this feature often when I absolutely have to pull into a spot. helps avoid the high curbs.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The button has a "P" with a little cone next to it. The row of buttons it is in is in between the DVD/Sim/SDcard Slots and the Climate controls.

Link to image from AudiUSA's A6 image Gallery:
http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/DEMO...ct-01?wid=1280

Also, throwing my 2 cents in, I don't mind that it doesn't come on automatically. All the BMWs and now Audi that I have had are this way. I press the button without thinking about it whenever I park my car or am maneuvering in a tight space.

Originally Posted by Maverick61
Originally Posted by NVThs1
There is a button on the center council along the row of buttons (stop/start, airbag indicator light, sun shade) and there is a button for the parking sensors to manually turn on the system. Your camera will also turn on in the back.

I use this feature often when I absolutely have to pull into a spot. helps avoid the high curbs.

Quick Reply: front parking sensors