Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Glad I got my A6 instead of waiting for the new E-350!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Glad I got my A6 instead of waiting for the new E-350!

Prior to purchasing my A6, I was wondering if I should wait for the new MB E350 to be revealed... and boy I am glad I didn't waste my time waiting.. .

The new design of the E is appalling.. inside and out
A6 FTW!

Last edited by antispam; 12-13-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by antispam
Prior to purchasing my A6, I was wondering if I should wait for the new MB E350 to be revealed... and boy I am glad I didn't waste my time waiting.. .

The new design of the E is appalling..
A6 FTW!
Atta boy! Welcome to the four ring circus! lol
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No offense to Hyundai, but it looks like a Hyundai.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely not a fan of the exterior or interior either. For an E class sure looks tight up front; way too many 90° angles in there for my tastes.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC
I think it looks a bit worse than that

They pushed it further away from looking like a performance car and more like an old mans car.

I guess they said to themselves that since Cadillac was abandoning the older crowd...they'd swoop into that role.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

Merc's are for women and old people.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was in the market, I originally thought it would be MB, BMW and Audi. The E350 was significantly more expensive than the A6 for a similarly equipped car (about 6K), and there really was no dealer close to me. The MB dropped to 4th in my rankings behind Lexus and BMW. That was before this refresh. I think the older model looks MUCH better (at least by that picture). I really dislike the grill and headlights - looks like the took last years front end and beat it with an ugly stick, but Im partial to the A6.

Becasuse the dealer was so far away, I never drove the MB. Between the long drive for service and the higher price it was eliminated before the fight really started.

It will be interesting to see, but I would think their sales are going to be off with this model. At least for the German manufacturers, I think the fight in this class will be BMW and Audi, with MB lagging behind.

I already voted with my wallet
Old 12-14-2012, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RobC
Hyundai has been known to copy the lines of European sedans .... but it now looks like MB designers decided the Hyundai are better.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it's alright. Now it's more like the C-class which I thought was spot on. The old E-class headlights were a bit too radical. Sure, the more conservative you go, the more all cars start to look alike. But hey, the Audi sedans are all very conservative as well. And anyway, that's the safe way to sell cars which is what they are all in the business of doing.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by newmoon
I think it's alright. Now it's more like the C-class which I thought was spot on.
You may be right - Its not for me, but Im only one person too. I imagine the changes they did were the result of many focus groups/primary research. Its very possible that the demographic they are after is different from what Audi is after with the A6 too.

I believe (as I commented here when I was in the buying process) that this market segment is filled with outstanding offerings, any one of which I think I would have been very happy with. Maybe the new Merc will grow on me over time (or when I see one live - I think the A6 looks infinitely better live than in pictures too) but at first glance I dislike it enough that it would be at the low end of my rankings because of looks now.

Quick Reply: Glad I got my A6 instead of waiting for the new E-350!