Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Google Maps - Send to Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Google Maps - Send to Car

For those who are using the SIM, Google and AudiConnect, the ‘download to car’ from Google Maps seems to have a bug that wasn’t addressed in Audi’s documentation. Once you have MyDestinations setup and your PIN number entered into the car, you’re supposed to be able to go to Google Maps, highlight a location, open its details/more and have ‘send to car’ as an option.

Apparently the car option is only shown if you search for a location; if you just choose a location from the map you only see email and phone as send options. You can add an address to MyDestinations manually in MyAudi, and that will also show up in the MMI, but it’s not as convenient as using Maps.

I haven’t downloaded a destination from online to my A6 yet as I just found out about how to get the ‘car’ to come up with send. Will try that on the way home...
Old 08-13-2011, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

As an update to my post, the MMI download from online source does work. It then allows you to store the destination to the harddisk in the car. I had the impression, when reading prior to buying the car, then you could actually plan a route in Google Maps, then download the route to the car. If that exists, I can't find it. Having a set of destinations saved in the nav system is better than nothing I guess, but external route planning would be super.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm waiting for my pin, myaudi isn't working for me... too soon maybe. Once i get it setup i will figure something out
Old 08-14-2011, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default No pin

Still no pin, how long did it take for your car to get activated
Old 08-14-2011, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fdot
I'm waiting for my pin, myaudi isn't working for me... too soon maybe. Once i get it setup i will figure something out
You have to setup a new vehicle, and you need to use the VIN. Once I did that it was good to go and took me to the PIN screen. None of the Audi owner sites are updated for the A6 yet.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

i did setup a new car but the website gives me an error saying try again later...
Attached Images  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyAudi website is not working for new activations

Got same error message as well for brand new A6 delivered yesterday.
Spoke to MyAudi/T-Mobile rep who said website was having issues and there would be more info by Tuesday at the latest...
Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These issues people are having must be something new recently.
I bought my car on June 28 and within 10 days I was signed on & Google works perfect!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fdot
i did setup a new car but the website gives me an error saying try again later...
Probably dumb question, but did you setup your MyAudi account before trying the PIN? Had to do that first IIRC.

I also get an error message every time I use the Manage My Destinations on the MyAudi site, but I can still see, manage, edit and download the destinations, either those I have "sent" via Google Maps or those I entered manually.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Probably dumb question, but did you setup your MyAudi account before trying the PIN? Had to do that first IIRC.

I also get an error message every time I use the Manage My Destinations on the MyAudi site, but I can still see, manage, edit and download the destinations, either those I have "sent" via Google Maps or those I entered manually.
yes myaudi account is all set up with all my info

Quick Reply: Google Maps - Send to Car