Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Google Maps send to car

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Ok, I tried that, At first, no joy but then I refreshed the web page and they were all there and visible, including the ones created on the site and those sent from Google Maps. I tired editing and deleting some and it seemed to work but again, I had to refresh the page every once in awhile if the list would disappear.
Perhaps the Audi Connect rocket scientists are actually making some progress. (I use Firefox 15 on a Mac).
Traction!
I didnt even try to add one... just got to the manage destinations page, then refreshed the page, and my list was there. I was able to successfully delete several old destinations. Now to verify that the actually no longer show up on the MMI.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

We have Success!!!!

I tried doing what I've been doing and was still getting the same error message. So this time, I tried putting in a "note". I just simple put "test" in the note section and hit Send.

"Message successfully sent to the car"!!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmm.. Looks like Audi is making some progress.
I just logged into myaudi using Firefox on a Mac and I got the same thing as before- cant delete, even with repeated refresh.
I them tried using Safari on Mac and all my destinations showed up. Not sure why the difference but I hope it sticks.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by KarKid
Hmm.. Looks like Audi is making some progress.
I just logged into myaudi using Firefox on a Mac and I got the same thing as before- cant delete, even with repeated refresh.
I them tried using Safari on Mac and all my destinations showed up. Not sure why the difference but I hope it sticks.
Like as reported, if you want to use Firefox, just refresh the screen. Seems to work.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Like as reported, if you want to use Firefox, just refresh the screen. Seems to work.
Works with IE too (at least on 9)
Old 10-26-2012, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well it's eveident they are working on the issue. Today when checking my on-line destinations on the AoA web page, I see nothing. They were there yesterday afternoon/evening, and today nothing.

Addresses I put in using Google Maps are still there in my MMI.

All of my addresses from before are still available in my MMI in the car, but for now nothing on the web pages.

I'm using IE 9 and even tried Google Chrome.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush2112
Well it's eveident they are working on the issue. Today when checking my on-line destinations on the AoA web page, I see nothing. They were there yesterday afternoon/evening, and today nothing.

Addresses I put in using Google Maps are still there in my MMI.

All of my addresses from before are still available in my MMI in the car, but for now nothing on the web pages.

I'm using IE 9 and even tried Google Chrome.
You tried refreshing the web page a couple of times, right?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It's been working for me the last few days with a refresh but sometimes needs more than one (IE9 on a PC).
Old 10-28-2012, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nope.. still can't get any of mine to come up no matter how many times I refresh, AND, today I tried to put a new address in manually and it never showed up in my car. The Google Maps did though.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rush2112
Nope.. still can't get any of mine to come up no matter how many times I refresh, AND, today I tried to put a new address in manually and it never showed up in my car. The Google Maps did though.

I can never get 'add address' manually to work since day one. I always use google map to 'send to car'.

Try refresh the page 3-4 times. It will eventually show up.

Quick Reply: Google Maps send to car