Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Got rear ended :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got rear ended :(

3.5 months of ownership :'(

Got rear ended :(-edelahr.jpg

It's not that bad; car still drivable - but it certainly hurts... 'specially since it's the wife's car (but I was driving)!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

My sympathies! I got rear-ended 4 months into a brand new 2013 A6 and it sucked big-time. You just gotta fix it and move on. Luckily the other person's insurance paid the bills and it was not considered a chargeable accident by my insurer. The young woman who hit me admitted to the PD officer she was busy focusing on her class that she was late for and didn't notice I had stopped for a red light.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
My sympathies! I got rear-ended 4 months into a brand new 2013 A6 and it sucked big-time. You just gotta fix it and move on. Luckily the other person's insurance paid the bills and it was not considered a chargeable accident by my insurer. The young woman who hit me admitted to the PD officer she was busy focusing on her class that she was late for and didn't notice I had stopped for a red light.
Damn someone actually willing to take responsibility for their actions. May be there is still some hope for humanity, lol.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

The guy who hit me tried to blame me for this but even his insurance said that this would be a pretty open and shut case. Fingers crossed that there's not much damage once the bumper is off!
Old 05-11-2015, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wowzer - that's some impact absorption right there!

Got rear ended :(-bzfhrdu.jpg
Old 05-12-2015, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by McFuzz
The guy who hit me tried to blame me for this but even his insurance said that this would be a pretty open and shut case. Fingers crossed that there's not much damage once the bumper is off!
It is almost impossible to claim the person in front was responsible for a rear end collision. The only way the person who hits you can claim no fault is if someone runs into then from behind and pushes their car into yours. Then, it's possible the third car's driver will be found at fault for both collisions.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I had the same issue, again 3 months into my "new" car. My cars engine was not even running when I got hit but it didn't have the crumple from the absorption that yours has. I took the opportunity to have the shop order the S6 valance instead of the Prestige valance so that I could add the dual exhaust outlets. The S6 valance is about the same value but the aluminum strip is additional. So my additional cost was the aluminum strip and the dual outlets that were welded on for free. It's the only upside to getting rear ended. The worst part is waiting the weeks to get it fixed while driving something other than what you are paying for.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Welps - aside from the busted, bumper, diffuser and impact bar, looks like the exhaust also got dented.

At the shop now while I roll in a Dodge Charger ::shudder::
Old 05-14-2015, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Good time to upgrade the valance.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Good time to upgrade the valance.
What options are there? I really am not looking to upgrade anything on that car (considering it's the wife's car)... I kinda like the single outlet exhaust on each side

Quick Reply: Got rear ended :(