Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

H & R Sport Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H & R Sport Springs

Has anybody replaced thier stock springs with the H & R's? I really like the look of the car being lowered a bit, but I'm unsure if/how this will change the ride quality...will it be too harsh? I currently have 19" wheels on for the summer and there is just a little too much of a gap in the wheel well for my liking. If anybody has run this set-up, or has any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate the input. Thanks
Old 04-23-2013, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Although I can't tell you at the moment, I can tell you I have a set and I am trying to find the time to put them on. Once I do, I can share pics and my opinions. I have the 20's with my current set up.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a couple of pictures.

A7
Name:  HampRsportsprings02_zps16a61ae6.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  93.9 KB

A6
Name:  HampRsportsprings_zpscf013636.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  70.8 KB
Old 04-23-2013, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I have a couple of pictures.

A7

A6
Definitely like that look! Can anybody compare the driving experience to a non-sport suspension? Also, when I trade the car in, will the H&R Springs decrease the value...or will the dealer even know? I've heard certain mods hurt the resale value?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by billy3407
Definitely like that look! Can anybody compare the driving experience to a non-sport suspension? Also, when I trade the car in, will the H&R Springs decrease the value...or will the dealer even know? I've heard certain mods hurt the resale value?
Billy, I only put 20 miles on my car since the springs went on this weekend, but so far so good. My commute to work this morning felt like normal, so that is a good thing when I am just curising. I did notice yesterday in a parking lot at slower speeds that I felt a bouncing sensation that I normally did not feel. I will keep an eye on that, but not a big deal.

The stance is awesome though. Somebody asked me what was different about my car. When I mentioned the suspension they said that was it. I closed up that gap between the wheel well and tire to make it look more aggressive. It looks factory. I think I might buy some spacers for my summer set up as my winter spacers will not work I guess. I think the drop tucks in the wheels a little more than I personally like.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thought I would add these for anyone new or anyone on the fence about aftermarket springs on their C7. First pic was when I got her. Second pic was a few minutes ago.

100 miles on them and still so far so good. Even though it was not a huge drop, I know there are there at times. For the most part cruisinig is just fine. It is quick bumps like driveway curbs where you feel it.

I would reccomend these for an inexpensive mod. If you like to mod in the first place, you will enjoy these springs. This was my first drop of any of my cars. If you don't mod or are on the fence about suspension changes, I might advise against it.
Attached Images   
Old 05-07-2013, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had them on for at least 10 months now, I love the look. Ride quality IS a little harsher, but that's to be expected and I did add 19" rims as well.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've been considering lowering my car too, especially with the wheels now. I'm between the H&R springs, the Stasis springs and the H&R coilovers. My concern with the H&R springs is that it will be more prone to bottoming out on the bump stops. Have you guys noticed that at all? I know Stasis provides shorter bump stops to cure this.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
Thought I would add these for anyone new or anyone on the fence about aftermarket springs on their C7. First pic was when I got her. Second pic was a few minutes ago.

100 miles on them and still so far so good. Even though it was not a huge drop, I know there are there at times. For the most part cruisinig is just fine. It is quick bumps like driveway curbs where you feel it.

I would reccomend these for an inexpensive mod. If you like to mod in the first place, you will enjoy these springs. This was my first drop of any of my cars. If you don't mod or are on the fence about suspension changes, I might advise against it.
Havn't replaced suspension components since high school, so not much to offer on that front..... but good god that color on your car is gorgeous
Old 05-08-2013, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by billy3407
Has anybody replaced thier stock springs with the H & R's? I really like the look of the car being lowered a bit, but I'm unsure if/how this will change the ride quality...will it be too harsh? I currently have 19" wheels on for the summer and there is just a little too much of a gap in the wheel well for my liking. If anybody has run this set-up, or has any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate the input. Thanks
H&R Sports are not bad at all. I thru them on a previously owned A4 and they really improved stance and performance (before and after pics).

It's the H&R Race ones that are too stiff for DD, imho. I'm also considering this mod...

Quick Reply: H & R Sport Springs