Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Harsh ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmar
As the crude '60's saying goes, "different strokes for different folks".

1. I love the ride and handling of my LS, and as I said earlier, I'm as engaged as I choose to be.

2. You can't equate a Lexus LS to a Lexus GS. Although both are manufactured by Lexus, they are vastly different in ride and handling charastistics.

3. Never having driven an LS, you can't really comment on it's ride characteristics. I've driven an A8 (albiet several years ago) and found the LS quieter, and smoother, both factors of prime importance to me. I couldn't comment on it's handling characteristics, as I didn't push the car.

Interestingly, I test drove a Maserati Quattroporte a year ago and LOVED IT! Even though I really like the quiet of the Lexus, the testosterone infused roar of the Maserati under power was intoxicating. If they come out with an AWD version (I live in Maine), I might consider it.

HBH
This is really where you should be my friend http://www.lexus.com/ .. Good Luck !
Old 01-02-2012, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by anandhan_subbiah
This is really where you should be my friend http://www.lexus.com/ .. Good Luck !
I suspect that you mean http://www.ClubLexus.com/, but as I'm planning on replacing my Lexus next year with an A6, why would I not do my research here?

My "Lexus" responses have been addressed to what I consider misconceptions about the Lexus LS driving characteristics that were expressed in response to my inquiry about A6 ride characteristics.

Surely this forum is open enough to welcome all comments, including differing opinions when comparing with other makes and models?

HBH
Old 01-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dear Helmar,

You are welcome to this forum! Pls ignore other prejudiced opinion ! As a owner of both LS and A6, I am sure you'll find the new A6 enjoyable to drive and refined at the same time ! I agree with you that the LS is not that uninvolving to drive, in fact I think the steering is more communicative than the new A6! however, in other respects, the A6 is more sporty. the ride in A6 is very comfortable and quiet and is very close to the LS as long as you keep your wheels small !
Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oedipol
Dear Helmar,

You are welcome to this forum! Pls ignore other prejudiced opinion ! As a owner of both LS and A6, I am sure you'll find the new A6 enjoyable to drive and refined at the same time ! I agree with you that the LS is not that uninvolving to drive, in fact I think the steering is more communicative than the new A6! however, in other respects, the A6 is more sporty. the ride in A6 is very comfortable and quiet and is very close to the LS as long as you keep your wheels small !
+1, let us know what you think.

Oedipool, what kind of rims did you add on, they look good.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by psychodo

My point was the comparison should be reasonable. I can easily compare the 7 series with the A6 and conclude that the 7 series is better but that would not be a fair comparison(price , size , features ). The A6 in my opinion competes with the 5 series , E series, infiniti M and the lexus GS. I think the A6 is a winner in the category it is competing.

I mentioned that if Helmar wants to compare the LS he should be doing it against the A8.Finally my point was if he insists on doing the comaprison between the LS ( base price is more than 65) then he is defniitely not going to be happy with the A6, hence my feedback to stick to the Lexus.I have no business telling people what to do as they are investing the time and money to buy a car but I don't want my valid feedback to be misinterpreted as prejudiced opinion. I will stand by what I said the A6 won't be obviously better than the 7 series , S class or LS but it is definitely a better car than the comparoble rival cars I have listed.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by psychodo

Thank you psychodo! They are 19" OZ ultraleggera weighing 20.6 pounds each! to see more photos pls go to my album on this forum !
Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I suspect that you mean http://www.ClubLexus.com/, but as I'm planning on replacing my Lexus next year with an A6, why would I not do my research here?

My "Lexus" responses have been addressed to what I consider misconceptions about the Lexus LS driving characteristics that were expressed in response to my inquiry about A6 ride characteristics.

Surely this forum is open enough to welcome all comments, including differing opinions when comparing with other makes and models?

HBH
should have replied to this first. I don't own this forum dude so I am not aksing you to do leave or anthing even close to that.I am a member of a lot of car forums and I am well aware of ClubLexus. I meant you shoould buy a lexus if you value a smooth ride over handling. I could have definitely been been more clear. Also your comparisons won't be valid if you compare very diffrent classes of cars. I agree we can have diffrent perspectives and so the good news is we both have diffrent perspectives on the handling characteristics of the Audi and lexus Anyway this will be my last post in this regard so good luck with whatever car you buy.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by anandhan_subbiah
Also your comparisons won't be valid if you compare very diffrent classes of cars.
No offense taken.

However, I should point out that I wasn't comparing anything to anything. I was simply disagreeing with your comment that they (Lexus LS) "... are horrible to drive with absolutely Zero personality..."

By the way, to digress, (and as a point of interest), to save weight and complexity, the LS600hL CVT transmission has no reverse gear whatsoever! So how, one might ask, does one back up?

HBH
Old 01-03-2012, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I love the ride and handling of my LS, and as I said earlier, I'm as engaged as I choose to be.
Helmar, I think the above quote pretty much sumed it up. If the LS's handling is good enough for you, why would you buy a car with a stiffer non-adjustable suspension? It seems like you prefer a soft rider, and there is nothing on the market softer than Lexus. Given that the new LS is a bit stiffer than the last gen., but it is still soft when compare to the A6. If you are looking to downsize, maybe a E350 or the ES350 is a better fit for you. I dont think anybody is giving you hard time here, they are simply telling you the truth. As much as you like your LS, it is not a sport sedan. Maybe if you had the LS sport edition, that would be a different story, but you already said handling is not a top priority for you, so why argue the point?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is probably a good time for this thread to end.

It began with an error on my part where I saw an article (from 2008 as it turned out) that stated that the A6 ride quality was terrible and I asked if this was the case.

I immediately noticed my error and responded so.

After many good and encouraging comments about the A6 ride and handling qualities, a remark was made about the Lexus being horrible to drive.

Most of my comments after that addressed that specific remark, which I disagreed with.

As to the ES350, there's no AWD option, which I need.

Since my post I have examined an A6, and was extremely impressed with both the interior and exterior. Much nicer than the ES350. The tech stuff is marvelous.

Once I get to drive one, I'll be able to judge for myself on its ride characteristics, but from what I've seen in this forum, I expect that I'll like it a lot.

Too bad they don't offer a manual transmission or cloth seats as options.

HBH