Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

HELP with sim card

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Since the hardware in the Audi is limited to 3G, I'm not sure how it could be faster.
Because some carriers (tmobile included) used to brand 4G something that is actually 3.5G (hspa+) and they made the changes in their network directly, so maybe the MMI will go at hspa+ speeds which is faster than 3G and still a 3G(ish) network. Anyways I am just curious, to somebody with a TMobile SIM card to try the APN fast.t-mobile.com and connect a device (cell phone, IPad) to the car's wifi and test the speed. (IF fast.t-mobile.com works obviously)

Last edited by feralc; 11-22-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Because some carriers (tmobile included) used to brand 4G something that is actually 3.5G (hspa+) and they made the changes in their network directly, so maybe the MMI will go at hspa+ speeds which is faster than 3G and still a 3G(ish) network. Anyways I am just curious, to somebody with a TMobile SIM card to try the APN fast.tmobile.com and connect a device (cell phone, IPad) to the car's wifi and test the speed. (IF fast.tmobile.com works obviously)
Gotcha. Now that I think about it, I have an AT&T iPhone 4s which has HSPA+ which is faster than my IPhone 3gs even though both are "3G".
Old 06-09-2015, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW???

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
I don't think the Audi t-mobile SIM will work in any normal t-mobile hotspot because it only supports the Audi APN m2m.t-mobile.com while t-mobile hotspots should be using epc.tmobile.com or fast.tmobile.com.

t-mobile SIMs should work in the MMI though if the MMI is configured for epc.tmobile.com or fast.tmobile.com.

Tmobile sim notworking !! - AudiWorld Forums

If you have a t-mobile SIM and a t-mobile 4G/LTE hotspot then you should get 4G/LTE with the hotspot and 3G with the MMI.
SO HOW AND WHO DO I GET TO DO THIS? CAN T MOBILE DO THIS IF I BUY THERE HOT SPOT ????? CAN I DO ATT INSTEAD???? THANK YOU
Old 06-10-2015, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
Old 06-10-2015, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not yelling LOL

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
IM new to this and i didnt think anyone would see my reply so i put it in bold caps to be recognized,,,

easy killer

just looking to get as much info so i can go to att or t mobile and get this done
but i didnt have luck when i tried 6 months ago, but maybe things have changed, or if i know what to tell them to do, that would be great,, i like this 10 monthly deal im reading from others,, HELP