Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

How cold your sets gets ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How cold your sets gets ?

I have noticed, in winter time, i was not happy with my heated sets...even full, after 4 hrs. or driving you dont feel switching off. the same thing happens to my cold seats, even fully on in the afternoon...i dont feel cool...but early morning...i do feel its becoming cold...but not in afternoon..

Is it Okay ? or i should contact delear ? just wondering how cool your sets gets ?
thankz
Old 05-20-2013, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The seats are not cooled. There is no freon to blow the cool air. These seats are ventilated and merely blow the air that is inside yout cabin. I was complainingto my dealer when I purchased the vehicle but then was pointed to the fact that the design was to ventilate not to cool.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik
The seats are not cooled. There is no freon to blow the cool air. These seats are ventilated and merely blow the air that is inside yout cabin. I was complainingto my dealer when I purchased the vehicle but then was pointed to the fact that the design was to ventilate not to cool.
Actually, the ventilation system fans are designed to pull air into the seats rather than push it, to pull moisture away from your body.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Actually, the ventilation system fans are designed to pull air into the seats rather than push it, to pull moisture away from your body.
My obersevation and test by placing a tissue on the seat is that the Audi ventilated seats blow air from the seat surface. The ventilated seats in my Porsche work in the opposite manner by sucking air into the seat and exhaust it out the back. The Porsche system is far more effective as it enhances the cooling sensation by assisting the evaporation of perspiration. Also, the flow of air does not have to fight against the air current provided by the dash vents. Cool, air-conditioned air is pulled passed the body works better than warmer air blown out from the cushions.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

So to paraphrase what you are saying: It is far better to suck than to blow.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot I had this feature. I could have used it yesterday. I wonder what else I am forgetting about this car for warm weather use. I picked her up in the cold.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by last911
My obersevation and test by placing a tissue on the seat is that the Audi ventilated seats blow air from the seat surface. The ventilated seats in my Porsche work in the opposite manner by sucking air into the seat and exhaust it out the back. The Porsche system is far more effective as it enhances the cooling sensation by assisting the evaporation of perspiration. Also, the flow of air does not have to fight against the air current provided by the dash vents. Cool, air-conditioned air is pulled passed the body works better than warmer air blown out from the cushions.
I thought I had seen in the manual that the A6 ventilated seats suck vs. blow but couldn't find it (I must have read it on the internet, which, as we all know, is always accurate). I just did your test and you're right - they definitely blow. I stand corrected - blow; not suck. As for working against the A/C vents, I seriously doubt the subtle, gentle breeze coming out of the seats beneath your body puts up much of a fight.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

What about in the A8? Probably the same as the A6 since they share the comfort seats?

Darn... I had my hopes up slightly that if I farted in the car it would pull the odor away rather than blow it back up at me.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If there is one thing I don't like about the A6 is the ventilated seat(s). I don't feel a thing and the fan is noisy. Bad design IMO.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by subterFUSE

Darn... I had my hopes up slightly that if I farted in the car it would pull the odor away rather than blow it back up at me.
Man, that's gross. The weak airflow wouldn't help you with that anyway - it ain't no exhaust fan. Open your window for god's sake. (I pity the guy that gets your car after you trade it).

Quick Reply: How cold your sets gets ?