Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

How cold your sets gets ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
If there is one thing I don't like about the A6 is the ventilated seat(s). I don't feel a thing and the fan is noisy. Bad design IMO.
Huh. I can feel the cool air with my hand and I can't hear the seat fans over the A/C fan.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Huh. I can feel the cool air with my hand and I can't hear the seat fans over the A/C fan.
Maybe mine has some flaws.... I don't know. If I turn up the seat ventilation to 3 bars, I can definitely hear the fan noise increase. I'm used to the seats actually pumping out COLD air and not just ambient air in others cars I've owned. It beats not having "ventilated seats" in the A6 but if it was a stand-alone option, I would definitely not pay even a penny for it.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

On my 2013 A8, the seat fans can be heard easily when on the highest setting. On setting 2 the noise is less noticeable, and certainly more quiet than the A/C system fans.

I could not feel any air blowing from the seat holes with my hand.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought I had seen in the manual that the A6 ventilated seats suck vs. blow but couldn't find it (I must have read it on the internet, which, as we all know, is always accurate). I just did your test and you're right - they definitely blow. I stand corrected - blow; not suck. As for working against the A/C vents, I seriously doubt the subtle, gentle breeze coming out of the seats beneath your body puts up much of a fight.
You are not totally wrong. In Europe if you order comfort seats option PS8, the ventilated seats suck. For us, the seats blow. Check UK website.

I think S6 comfort seats option is PS8 so those ventilated seats may suck.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by qqq1970
You are not totally wrong. In Europe if you order comfort seats option PS8, the ventilated seats suck. For us, the seats blow. Check UK website.

I think S6 comfort seats option is PS8 so those ventilated seats may suck.
So, you're saying Europe sucks and North America blows? If that's true and all C7 owners had their ventilated seats set at the same time to the max setting, wouldn't that cause the earth to spin faster? Or affect global weather patterns? Jeez, this is so scary (and confusing).
Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, you're saying Europe sucks and North America blows? If that's true and all C7 owners had their ventilated seats set at the same time to the max setting, wouldn't that cause the earth to spin faster? Or affect global weather patterns? Jeez, this is so scary (and confusing).
Almost spilled my coffee…
Old 05-22-2013, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ha, this thread has become hilarious. I'm glad I didn't order the comfort seats. I don't want my seat to blow.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rlk1
Ha, this thread has become hilarious. I'm glad I didn't order the comfort seats. I don't want my seat to blow.
A good blow never hurt anyone!!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Quote from Audi UK website:

Seat Ventilation and Massage Function
Ventilation:
Seat ventilation is available as an option for front seats on both Standard seats and Comfort seats.

For Standard seats, 3 different intensities of cool air are blown through the seat to ventilate the centre and thigh support sections.

For Comfort seats, cool air is drawn through the seat for active ventilation of the seat and thigh support sections. An ingenious technology with three speed settings transports the used air and moisture away from the occupants’ body.

Massage:
The massage function is available as an option in conjunction with Comfort seats.

Using 10 pneumatic cushions, 5 different programmes (wave, pulse, stretch, lumbar and shoulders) and 4 levels of intensity, the massage function ensures that the seat occupant can manipulate the muscles they require.

So Europeans suck and blow, while North Americans blow with the possible exception of S6.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Actually, all it takes is reverse fan rotation and it changes from blow to suck.

Quick Reply: How cold your sets gets ?