Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

How cold your sets gets ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Well, I have a US Prestige so do they have "Standard" or "Comfort" seats? They are different from the Premium/Premium Plus seat that don't have ventilation. I feel air blowing out of the holes so based on the above description, they would be "Standard". But, unlike the above UK description for "Standard" seats, there are no ventilation holes in my US Prestige center and thigh supports but they are in the seat cushion and the seat back cushion. As a result, the blowing and sucking for US C7's may not be as simple as described above.
All North American A6 should be standard seats regardless of trim. The fact you have holes in seat cushion or not is irrelevant. Comfort seats should come with 22 way power adjustments and massage function.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by qqq1970
Can you take a pic of your comfort seats? Haven't seen any S6 with that option.
Check out this thread, which has several pictures of the Comfort Seats. The S6/7 version is 18-way adjustable, by the way, missing the upper shoulder and headrest power adjustments from the A/S8. Pretty much the same in every other respect.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

All North American A6 should be standard seats regardless of trim. The fact you have holes in seat cushion or not is irrelevant. Comfort seats should come with 22 way power adjustments and massage function.
You missed my point. You provided a UK description of which ventilated seats suck and which blow. I was saying that it doesn't match the US seats. UK standard ventilated seats are described to suck and my A6 Prestige standard seats blow. Therefore, the UK description does not line up with US ventilated seats.

Furthermore, US Prestige seats are a different design than non-Prestige seats - besides the perforated ventilation feature, the shape and patterns are different including a longer thigh cushion in the Prestige. While S6 Comfort seats are different, Audi confusingly describes the A6 Prestige seats as Comfort seats on one of their feature web pages. The A8 Comfort seats are completely different yet again.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

All North American A6 should be standard seats regardless of trim. The fact you have holes in seat cushion or not is irrelevant.
In the NA brochures, there are two pictures of standard seats.

One is labeled "Standard Seat" and there are four colors choices shown.

The other one which looks almost the same, is labeled "Comfort seat". It also has the same color choices with perforations shown. It has more stitching on the top. Slightly different side bolsters and a larger cushion under the knees.

The "Comfort seat" comes with the Prestige trim.

Last edited by tenspeed; 05-22-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tenspeed
In the NA brochures, there are two pictures of standard seats.

One is labeled "Standard Seat" and there are four colors choices shown. The other one which looks exactly the same, is labeled "Comfort seat". It also has the same color choices with perforations shown.

The "Comfort seat" comes with the Prestige trim.
Not exactly the same. See post #13.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2847546
Old 05-22-2013, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Not exactly the same. See post #11.
As noted. I was editing my reply when you posted this.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I had ventilated seats on a Lexus, which I believe are similar to the Audi's.

You can increase their cooling effect by sending air conditioned air to the foot well vents because there is a vent underneath the front seats. Making a shroud to channel the air up into the seat base works even better.

However, the fans are nowhere near powerful enough. When you are sitting on the seat, your pants cover almost all of the tiny perforations, blocking the air flow. Air will then flow out the holes with least resistance, which is between your legs. The fan in the lumbar area is blocked as well, unless you lift your back.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by newmoon
However, the fans are nowhere near powerful enough. When you are sitting on the seat, your pants cover almost all of the tiny perforations, blocking the air flow. Air will then flow out the holes with least resistance, which is between your legs. The fan in the lumbar area is blocked as well, unless you lift your back.
I think the design Audi had in mind is to have the air directly hit your body vs. escaping out through the perforations. At first I thought the fans were too weak but after using the system for awhile, it feels just right, especially after a few minutes on a hot day when the A/C gets up to speed. For me, it's just enough cool ambient air to be comfortable and I would find it unpleasant to feel an icy wind blowing directly up my butt for any length of time. To each their own, I guess.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the design Audi had in mind is to have the air directly hit your body vs. escaping out through the perforations. At first I thought the fans were too weak but after using the system for awhile, it feels just right, especially after a few minutes on a hot day when the A/C gets up to speed. For me, it's just enough cool ambient air to be comfortable and I would find it unpleasant to feel an icy wind blowing directly up my butt for any length of time. To each their own, I guess.
Oh I didn't mind them. They did give a nice subtle cooling effect if you gave the car A/C time to cool the whole cabin.

But I do want to warn others to not expect them to freeze your butt with blasts of icy cold air as soon as you get in the car. That's simply not how they work.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by newmoon
Oh I didn't mind them. They did give a nice subtle cooling effect if you gave the car A/C time to cool the whole cabin.

But I do want to warn others to not expect them to freeze your butt with blasts of icy cold air as soon as you get in the car. That's simply not how they work.
And frankly, that may not be how I'd like them to work anyway...

Quick Reply: How cold your sets gets ?