Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

How to use Google Street View

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts
Default How to use Google Street View

(Revised) I'm not sure if Google Street View is only available on the 0566 MMI software or is an update from Google through the Google Maps but I have it. Took me a bit of futzing around but found out how to activate and use it.

To get to Street View:

- Select Google Maps in Nav settings
- Press the rotary button to go into map scrolling mode
- Using the touch pad, point moving your finger to center to a major street that you know is covered by Google Street View
- If you have Google Street view and you're centered over a street on the map that's covered, you should see an orange/yellow icon of a person in the on screen scale section
- Using the scroll ****, select the distance scale to the closest view (30m)
- Turn the **** one more click closer than 30m and you should see the Street View photo, 3 more clicks will prgressively magnify the images closer
- Use the touch pad to move the view around. To go forward or back on the street, tap the pad or click the scroll wheel on an arrow when you see it in the photo.

Notes:
- Google Maps must be activated in Nav; will not work with Standard Maps
- When you go into map scroll mode, as the cross hairs appear on the center of the map, you have to scroll to your current (or a different) position before entering Street View mode.
- Once activated, the view is not tied to the car's location unless manually centered; will not follow the car's movement; manual clicking and scrolling only
- I have VIM activated so Street View can be activated when the car is moving; without VIM, I don't believe it can be selected unless the car is stationary. Someone can report if that's the case.

Last edited by snagitseven; 10-16-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great info. Will have to try this
Old 10-14-2012, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KarKid
Great info. Will have to try this
+1. thanks for the info!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by psychodo
+1. thanks for the info!
+1

Very cool stuff.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanks for the info... I started playing with it but couldn't figure out how to do anything with it so backed out.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush2112
thanks for the info... I started playing with it but couldn't figure out how to do anything with it so backed out.
I use it occasionally as I do on the web version - if I want to know in advance what the location that I'm driving to looks like, it can make it easier to find. Especially useful in more heavily populated areas where addresses are close together.
Otherwise, it's another great C7 toy to play with.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I'm not sure if Google Street View is only available on the 0566 MMI software or is an update from Google through the Google Maps but I have it.

- If you have Google Street view and you're centered over a street on the map that's covered, you should see an icon of a person in the on screen scale section
Version P0487 here, my car spent an entire week at the dealer a month ago and they said everything was updated here, same version mentioned by another member as the latest, but No icon of a person here, Maybe the 2013s came with a different version, mine is 2012.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My version is HN+R_VS_AV_K0566_5
Cannot seem to get the street view yellow man icon .. it is a 2012 Prestige.

Do I have to do anything special to get street view?
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Works on my '13 A6 Prestige. The dealer demo'ed it and I hadn't used it until reading this post (over a month since delivery). MMI is HN+R_US_AU_P0566 Nav database v5.6.5.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Arrgh.. my version is in the attached pic Typo when entering it two posts above this.. sorry.

Name:  UCest.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  82.9 KB

Quick Reply: How to use Google Street View