Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

If I could do it over

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I could do it over

I've had my C7 Premium Plus for 3 months, if I could go back three months and do it again based on what I know now..this is what I'd do differently

Color - I have Havana Black with Nougat interior. The combination is awesome, but I might have gotten Dakota Grey although not sure how it would look with the Nougat, which I definetly would get again

Black headliner - no question with Nougat, would get again

Side Assist. - love it, get it again

Premium Plus - would spend the extra money and get the Prestige, some of the additional features are worth it

LCDs - would be nice to have, like the look

Would get the 19 or 20 sports package, I like the look better than the standard 18s

Don't get me wrong, love the car, but hindsight is 20-20 and maybe this will help others in their buying process.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kenbob
I've had my C7 Premium Plus for 3 months, if I could go back three months and do it again based on what I know now..this is what I'd do differently

Color - I have Havana Black with Nougat interior. The combination is awesome, but I might have gotten Dakota Grey although not sure how it would look with the Nougat, which I definetly would get again

Premium Plus - would spend the extra money and get the Prestige, some of the additional features are worth it

Would get the 19 or 20 sports package, I like the look better than the standard 18s

Don't get me wrong, love the car, but hindsight is 20-20 and maybe this will help others in their buying process.
Thanks for posting this. I just put a deposit on mine - a Dakota Gray Premium plus with the nougat interior, black headliner, driver assistance, cold weather, and 19" sport. I've kind of agonized over the color - I also really liked the Aviator Blue. I love Black, but especially in CO, there is enough dust in the air, and infrequent light rain that water spots would be a big issue for me.

The Nougat interior with Dakota Gray looks great IHMO.

I've been back and forth on the sport package, but by a hair chose the one with it. Sounds like that was a good choice.

I do love the LCDs, but chose not to go that way (purely a cost trade off).

What are the features in the Prestige that you really would like to have? I COULD wait for a Prestige model, but as of right now I have a Premium Plus heading my way.

jc
Old 07-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Thanks for posting this. I just put a deposit on mine - a Dakota Gray Premium plus with the nougat interior, black headliner, driver assistance, cold weather, and 19" sport. I've kind of agonized over the color - I also really liked the Aviator Blue. I love Black, but especially in CO, there is enough dust in the air, and infrequent light rain that water spots would be a big issue for me.

The Nougat interior with Dakota Gray looks great IHMO.

I've been back and forth on the sport package, but by a hair chose the one with it. Sounds like that was a good choice.

I do love the LCDs, but chose not to go that way (purely a cost trade off).

What are the features in the Prestige that you really would like to have? I COULD wait for a Prestige model, but as of right now I have a Premium Plus heading my way.

jc

I like the keyless entry, ac seats, rear ac controls, headlights
Old 07-05-2012, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get the rear sun shade and maybe go with the White instead of the Dakota. I have to say the Innovation and Prestige packages are a must IMO.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I like the keyless entry, ac seats, rear ac controls, headlights
I would love to have the keyless entry. Even my wifes Venza has it. I could wait for the 2013, but Im not that patient.

I would have loved to go with Black, but it would have been way to hard to keep clean in Colorado. The Dakota Gray is kind of the wild card for me. I do like the idea of something "Different", which the Dakota is. I hope its not a color I regret in 3 or 4 years. I couldnt tell much difference with the ventilated seats, but maybe thats just me. I do like the S-line a lot...
Old 07-06-2012, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I go back in time, I would have chosen Daytona Grey & paid extra charge to get it. Mine is Oolong grey very unique but requires bit of maintenance to keep it clean. Other than color most of what I wished for is not offered by Audi Canada (or USA) like adaptive air suspension, sports seats (like new S6.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by stoulana
If I go back in time, I would have chosen Daytona Grey & paid extra charge to get it.
I saw a Daytona Grey Canadian A6 at the Glen last weekend. Excellent color!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If I could go back again.... I would buy the same exact car!
Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Robert Sanders
If I could go back again.... I would buy the same exact car!
I would get the same color and interior, Brilliant Black with Nougat interior... But

I would the Prestige, is worth the extra features. I'm still getting used to not having true keyless entry after so many years using it. Getting the keys out of my pocket. I also Like the 20" sport wheels although I would probably regret it later if the ride was too hard. I also wish I had ventilated seats as I had on my M35. I would love to see what the full LED pkg looks like too. lol hope they have a good owner loyalty program when I trade for a new one.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

__________________________________________________ _

I have a Premium Plus, Dakota Gray, Nougat, 19" Sport pkg. I get many compliments on the color combination.

I don't miss much from the Prestige package, although I would like to see the AC/heating temp. shown somewhere on the dash display (c'mon, my $35K '07 G35 had this).

LED lights are a nice extra, but they don't make the car. I don't have unlimited funds, and I live in upstate NY, so a winter wheel package was more important to me.

I would probably get the black headliner with this color combo, if given the opportunity to 'do it over'.

The 19" sport package is somewhat noisy - there is a 'boominess' to the tires (it's not as noticeable with my 18" winter wheel package). However, I think the overall performance improvement is worth it.

As with the OP, I also love this car, and I'm hoping my comments will help others in their buying process.

Quick Reply: If I could do it over