Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

If I could do it over

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 01:11 PM
RFS
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too late to Change??

At what point IS it to late to change the order on my car?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by kenbob
I like the keyless entry, ac seats, rear ac controls, headlights
I think you also get the better Xenons with cornering capability. For the A6, the Prestige is only a little more than P+ (about $2.5K more?). This is in contrast to the A4 which requires an extra $6+K to step up to the Prestige, a jump that is amplified by the lower base price of the A4.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
The Dakota Gray is kind of the wild card for me. I do like the idea of something "Different", which the Dakota is. I hope its not a color I regret in 3 or 4 years. ...
The first time I saw an A6 in that color, it was under a semi-cloudy sky, and I was blown away by the brown hues in it. I think it looks more gray under sunnier skies. Based on the 2-3 I have seen, it is a unique color, but at the same time it is unlikely to be offensive to anyone, i.e. it is not an "out there" color despite having some unique characteristics.

PS: I hope the brown hues weren't mostly due to some reflections of brick/brown nearby buildings. I think they were far enough to have minimal effect.

Last edited by av_audi; 07-11-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RFS
At what point IS it to late to change the order on my car?
I would call your dealer or AOA area sales manager right away if you are having second thoughts on your current selections. They could tell you the best answer.

If it is too late and you really want to change something just place another order if it cant be redone after the fact. What is three additional minth of waiting for your dream car? Get what you want is what I say.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:45 AM
RFS
AudiWorld Member

Default Second thoughts.

Originally Posted by NVThs1
I would call your dealer or AOA area sales manager right away if you are having second thoughts on your current selections. They could tell you the best answer.

If it is too late and you really want to change something just place another order if it cant be redone after the fact. What is three additional minth of waiting for your dream car? Get what you want is what I say.
No second thoughts, just wondering if one popped up. lol. On order: 2013 S6, Glacier White Metallic/Lunar Silver/Pwr rear window-manual side-sun shades/rear side air bags/brushed aluminum inlay/LED headlights/without front plate holder/wheel locks.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Any second thoughts I might have had were erased yesterday. Saw a Dakota Gray on the street in Phoenix, and it looked fantastic. It reinforced the reaction I had to the color on the dealer lot some time ago. I think I've concluded the Dakota Gray does not photograph as well as some colors, especially the cheesy shots most dealers put up on the internet. I have seen shots of it on the picture thread that look very nice...

I pick mine up tomorrow evening. Im really looking forward to the inaugural drive up to Winter Park, CO. I hope to get some good pictures in the mountains as the sun sets (assuming weather cooperates, and I get there at the right time).
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Any second thoughts I might have had were erased yesterday. Saw a Dakota Gray on the street in Phoenix, and it looked fantastic. It reinforced the reaction I had to the color on the dealer lot some time ago. I think I've concluded the Dakota Gray does not photograph as well as some colors, especially the cheesy shots most dealers put up on the internet. I have seen shots of it on the picture thread that look very nice...

I pick mine up tomorrow evening. Im really looking forward to the inaugural drive up to Winter Park, CO. I hope to get some good pictures in the mountains as the sun sets (assuming weather cooperates, and I get there at the right time).
Congrats. You'll have a tough time not pushing it hard as you break it in. I'm following Audi's recommendation and for the first 600 miles I'm taking it easy. Hard to do, let me tell you.