Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

iOS6, pandora and MMI :-(

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The concerning part is that this is exactly the way Android phones have always performed - native music player sends the song info, but external apps don't. Without knowing too much about it, I am concerned there is a newer protocol for sending this information from the apps that Audi does not support.

I don't know if it's related to our iOS issue, but many cars can receive Pandora track information from an Android phone, but Audi has never been able to do this. Now iOS behaves exactly the same way.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyuni
Likewise, I just tried this yesterday since reading this thread. I have an iPhone 4S. Using the iPod/Music player, track info shows, but using Pandora, it does not. I can only figure that it's not a Bluetooth protocol issue (otherwise Music Player wouldn't work either), but something that the app developer needs to update due to Apple changing some API.
Yes, likely an API flag the application developer needs to set, Apple does this all the time with their API versioning.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So this IS a known issue... I came on here hoping to inquire and found this thread which is both a relief (because I would have spent countless hours tomorrow trying to mess with settings and such), and also a disappointment at the same time.
I use Spotify on a regular basis. I can concur with the other users, that previously both track artist name, and album, both appeared while playing. Play time had never been a factor. This has definitely changed. I did just download a Spotify update on my phone this evening, but not sure how old it was and haven't had a chance to try it out, but judging by the fact that it's not working for anyone, probably won't fix anything. I seriously hope this gets fixed. I only stream music via BT, and this was one of my favorite conveniences of my car.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Long story short, the music info metadata was gone after going to ios6. MMI acting funny, so I rebooted it while stopped at red light. When it came back, the metadata started showing again for iTunes music, Pandora, and podcasts on Stitcher. I'll see if it lasts.

I lost the metadata like everyone else when I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 6. Got the iPhone 5 Friday, still no metadata. Rebooted today with car running and it works for now. I'll see what happens on next restart.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Weth,

did you do a hard reset or simply turned it off and back on?
Old 09-22-2012, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default iPhone 5 + iOS 6

Looks like everything, both Wired & Bluetooth, work in the BMW 5 Series (F30)...

check out my testing results in this thread: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=26

Last edited by manishaudi; 09-22-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: updating title
Old 09-22-2012, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by lg47904
Weth,

did you do a hard reset or simply turned it off and back on?
On the MMI I did the 3 button reset and reboot
I didn't do anything on the iPhone.

Sorry, I was not clear on what I rebooted.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by weth
Long story short, the music info metadata was gone after going to ios6. MMI acting funny, so I rebooted it while stopped at red light. When it came back, the metadata started showing again for iTunes music, Pandora, and podcasts on Stitcher. I'll see if it lasts.

I lost the metadata like everyone else when I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 6. Got the iPhone 5 Friday, still no metadata. Rebooted today with car running and it works for now. I'll see what happens on next restart.
So rebooting the MMI fixes the iOS 6 Bluetooth metadata issue for Pandora, etc...? Can someone confirm this? I am several hundred miles and a few days away from my A6 to try this.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by billmac
So rebooting the MMI fixes the iOS 6 Bluetooth metadata issue for Pandora, etc...? Can someone confirm this? I am several hundred miles and a few days away from my A6 to try this.
I have an iPhone 5, so I tried the MMI reboot (3 buttons) and metadata is still not displayed from Pandora, or video.
I wanted to check this out for others on this forum, hope it helps. I rarely, if ever, have the MMI screen set to media while I'm driving, it's usually set to Nav so this really isn't an issue for me.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I tried the reboot when I first came across this and it did not fix it for me. I will try an iPhone 5 tomorrow.

Quick Reply: iOS6, pandora and MMI :-(