Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

iPhone5 with iOS7 Beta installed...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lmbatts
Hate it. Well I am on my way to buy an S4. I was hoping something special would make me want to stay in the apple ecosystem but its not to be...
I can understand your frustration. My brother changed to S4 two weeks ago. Although Samsung is our domestic company, their products costs much more for us... Any way, my brother's biggest complaint is that the apps available is about half of what he used to use for his IPhone 4S. His second biggest complaint is the battery life is shorter than his older iphone for the LTE network. I use the iPhone 5 and the camera is about the only thing I value for it. Any way, just my two cents.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Inyoury
I can understand your frustration. My brother changed to S4 two weeks ago. Although Samsung is our domestic company, their products costs much more for us... Any way, my brother's biggest complaint is that the apps available is about half of what he used to use for his IPhone 4S. His second biggest complaint is the battery life is shorter than his older iphone for the LTE network. I use the iPhone 5 and the camera is about the only thing I value for it. Any way, just my two cents.
Well - I am going to retract my statement; a bit. IOS 7 is growing on my but I still think it looks too sparce and the fonts are too thin. I will wait to see what the beta 2 and Ipad OS look like before making a final decision. I know this isnt a compelling arguement against Andriod in terms of look and feel.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lmbatts
Well - I am going to retract my statement; a bit. IOS 7 is growing on my but I still think it looks too sparce and the fonts are too thin. I will wait to see what the beta 2 and Ipad OS look like before making a final decision. I know this isnt a compelling arguement against Andriod in terms of look and feel.
Of all the 1st iOS Beta's I have tested, this is by far the buggiest...hopefully Beta 2 will clear them up.

Had to turn off the App auto updating...if it was unable to update an app, it would stay in that 'waiting' state and be unusable, would have to download and update it through my mac at home to get it to update and be able to use the app again.

There are also quite a view visual bugs.

Good thing they have till this fall, they will need the time.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 107 Likes on 48 Posts

This is also one the most comprehensive in changes so it isn't surprising.