Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Iron Man 3 premier

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Iron Man 3 premier

I wanted to see if any of you got this offer from your dealership as well. Tonight I am going to a special premier of Iron Man 3. It is being sponsored by my dealership along with Audi due to the relationship the cars have in the franchise. It is free for me and I can bring a couple guests. This is only for Audi customers from what I was told by the invite. I wanted to see if this was a nationwide event for all Audi dealerships, or if maybe select dealerships chose to participate in this.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an invite from my dealer as well - unable to take advantage of it, unfortunately.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVThs1
I wanted to see if any of you got this offer from your dealership as well. Tonight I am going to a special premier of Iron Man 3. It is being sponsored by my dealership along with Audi due to the relationship the cars have in the franchise. It is free for me and I can bring a couple guests. This is only for Audi customers from what I was told by the invite. I wanted to see if this was a nationwide event for all Audi dealerships, or if maybe select dealerships chose to participate in this.
Got invite from my dealer in Los Angeles. Was only able to bring one guest. Went last night. They had one of film cars there to view / take photos with. They also handed out $10 concession gift cards to each ticket holder before the movie as well as posters afterwards. Was shown in 3D at my screening FYI. Nods to Audi were everywhere in the film, especially if you looked hard. Audi corporate reps as well as rep from each local dealer were in attendance.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

My dealer sent an email for rsvp drawing....didn't win ;(
Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I wanted to see if this was a nationwide event for all Audi dealerships, or if maybe select dealerships chose to participate in this.
No invite for me in Boston.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes got the invite, declined.

Haven't been to the movies in decades, not starting now.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
Got invite from my dealer in Los Angeles. Was only able to bring one guest. Went last night. They had one of film cars there to view / take photos with. They also handed out $10 concession gift cards to each ticket holder before the movie as well as posters afterwards. Was shown in 3D at my screening FYI. Nods to Audi were everywhere in the film, especially if you looked hard. Audi corporate reps as well as rep from each local dealer were in attendance.
How was the movie? Don't spoil it though. I am told there is a goodie back to pick up at the reception table. I was hoping for some small 1:87 scale diecast Audi R8 Spyder. I will take $10 though. I wasn't limited on guests although had I requested 10+ I am sure they would have said something. I went for 3 total, but gave back one ticket as a buddy cancelled. Since you are in LA, I am sure that is why there was a car there. If there is one for me, it will be dealer stock. I am excited. Can't wait for quitting time at the office.

I have to say, the things my dealer does and Audi for that matter, is pretty cool. This is the second cool event since I grabbed my new A6. The first being a customer appreciation party at the dealer with some entertainer from America's Got Talent. Cool event. Didn't get this kind of love when I bought CPO my frist time.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

How was the movie? Don't spoil it though. I am told there is a goodie back to pick up at the reception table. I was hoping for some small 1:87 scale diecast Audi R8 Spyder. I will take $10 though. I wasn't limited on guests although had I requested 10+ I am sure they would have said something. I went for 3 total, but gave back one ticket as a buddy cancelled. Since you are in LA, I am sure that is why there was a car there. If there is one for me, it will be dealer stock. I am excited. Can't wait for quitting time at the office.

I have to say, the things my dealer does and Audi for that matter, is pretty cool. This is the second cool event since I grabbed my new A6. The first being a customer appreciation party at the dealer with some entertainer from America's Got Talent. Cool event. Didn't get this kind of love when I bought CPO my frist time.
Movie was excellent. I was initially put off with the last trailer I was where they had introduced this kid into the story and there was this bonding with Stark. I thought they might be making it all mushy, instead it actually ended up being a bit more serious and more dark than the first two. Even my wife who doesn't like dark movie, or especially superhero movies really liked it and said it was her fav of the three.

No gift bag. Only two tickets, $20 in giftcards, and a poster after. I didn't take the poster as it was nothing special.

Unless they had showing in other places or on other screens there was only two South Cal South Bay / North OC dealers / customers represented. Based on the cars in the parking lot I only saw fellow A7's and some Q7's. My wife and I even joked that she didn't get an invite for her A4 S-Line so they may have focused on higher tier car owners here in LA. Theater was smallish so may have had something to do with choice of owners and limit on tickets.

The R8 had custom lighting and even the Stark licence place on it. Fairly cool. Had they managed to have an Iron Man costume / prop or even someone to take pictures it would have been cooler. Just having the car parked there on the street was kind of weird. it wasn't roped off though and you were allowed to get up close but not personal.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by looking@audi
No invite for me in Boston.
Ditto here in NM
Old 05-02-2013, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
The R8 had custom lighting and even the Stark licence place on it. Fairly cool. Had they managed to have an Iron Man costume / prop or even someone to take pictures it would have been cooler. Just having the car parked there on the street was kind of weird. it wasn't roped off though and you were allowed to get up close but not personal.
Thanks for the feedback. I am looking forward to this experience.

I am still waiting for the day that the dealership has an event at the Autobahn Country Club by us and allow us to drive R8's.

Quick Reply: Iron Man 3 premier