Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Iron Man 3 premier

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeremymc7
Got invite from my dealer in Los Angeles. Was only able to bring one guest. Went last night. They had one of film cars there to view / take photos with. They also handed out $10 concession gift cards to each ticket holder before the movie as well as posters afterwards. Was shown in 3D at my screening FYI. Nods to Audi were everywhere in the film, especially if you looked hard. Audi corporate reps as well as rep from each local dealer were in attendance.
Was this through Pacific? I recall getting an invite, but ignored it thinking it was just a promotional tie in and not a screening. doh!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tucker74
Was this through Pacific? I recall getting an invite, but ignored it thinking it was just a promotional tie in and not a screening. doh!

The Invites from McKenna Audi and Circle Audi were at Century 20 / Bella Terra Mall in Huntington Beach.

The invites weren't clear. Until I got their I thought it might be a screening that was overbooked and first come first served with no guaranteed seating or that it might be just some sort of come out and check out the car for a photo op. The email offer was confusing but I registered anyway. When I got the confirmation it was clear it for for the movie and the car would be there but I still wasn't sure what to do when I got there or any other specifics. The people outside with the car sent you to the theater, if you came in that direction. The theater people sent you inside the theater and there you found Audi staff wit iPad's with reservations, tickets, gift cards, and specific instructions. But even that wasn't perfect as they said they would let in at 6:50 but the theater staff were walking groups back and forth well before. Everyone got in and after 15-20 theater staff walked in with a crate of 3D glasses. No one knew it was 3D before that. They ended up having to hand out 3D glasses to a full theater one by one.

Needless to say the invitee and reception was confusing but I just went with the flow and had a great time. Audi staff there was probably the best run part of the whole process. Had I placed an email or call to the dealer I probably could have cleared up the details but it didn't really matter to me either way.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by psychodo
Ditto here in NM
Ditto here in Denver area
Old 05-02-2013, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why can I not upload a photo attachment. It's less than the 800 x 600 for JPEG. Just keeps saying upload failed. What I missing here.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dealership offered advanced viewing on Wednesday night. Included with the free 3D ticket was a gift card for popcorn, etc. Was given a movie poster after the movie ended.

It was a great movie especially seeing the Audi cars in action.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish my viewing would have been in 3d. What a cool experience to watch a great movie. I enjoyed this one. I too got the free pop and popcorn. I also have the poster and the rubber bracelet which was my ticket in. My dealer ship had a set up in the parking lot of their high end models they have in stock. A couple R8's were parked on the sidewalk at the doors. After the movie they actually had one on and you could sit in it. I never have as they are locked at the dealer all the time.

My review is two thumbs up. Go see the movie if you like Iron Man. Hats off to Audi and Conti Audi for a good night.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
My review is two thumbs up. Go see the movie if you like Iron Man. Hats off to Audi and Conti Audi for a good night.
+ 1. The R8 Spyder outside the theater was very sweet. Tempted to trade my S6 but need the 4 doors.