Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Jukebox listing of music

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jukebox listing of music

I don't have my car yet, so this may very well be answered in the manual.I understand you can upload songs from your SD card to the jukebox.

Is the directory structure you put on the SD card carried over to the jukebox? For example.. if I put it on my SD card as

..album\song

that's how it would show up on the jukebox.

What if I put this on my SD card.
A..album\song
B..album\song
C..album\song

Would I have to keep this same format on the SD card any time I uploaded new music to the jukebox??

Would it just add what's new or would it over write everything already on the jukebox??

Has anybody found a really good way of sorting their jukebox/SD cards?

Sorry about all the questions... just really excited about the car.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just made folders (album name) on the SD card directly and put the songs into each album. When you put the SD card in you can transfer the songs into the 20gig hdd. Or you can just play the songs directly off the SD card. The same folders show up in the MMI. However I have a 32gig SD from which I got from my dealer where I don't really need download my songs into the built in hdd if I don't want to. I did put some song on there but was taking longer than I thought it should have and became impatient and now just play from the 32gig plus a 128gig I already have.

Still trying to figure out if I can replace the 20 gig hdd in the car with 1 tb hdd (yes I have a lot of music, both English and Korean songs). I would love to take more advantage of the MMI If I can. Since our navigation system is all after market and we get a DMB player with it and can stream live TV among other functions for free.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was thinking of going this route too (using the SD card to store to the music rather than transferring it to the jukebox). But I've been pretty happy just playing my music straight off my iPhone.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't think I've seen it confirmed or not, but I don't think album art is diplayed from the SD cards. This is my sole reason for using the jukebox since I know my phone (android) doesn't show album art.

I remember reading someone also did theirs in a bigger break down.

A-D
Put your albums under here

E-H
put your albums under here

etc.

Just trying to figure out the easiest and most convient way to access the music from the steering wheel.

Thanks for the input.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rush2112
I don't think I've seen it confirmed or not, but I don't think album art is diplayed from the SD cards. This is my sole reason for using the jukebox since I know my phone (android) doesn't show album art.

I remember reading someone also did theirs in a bigger break down.

A-D
Put your albums under here

E-H
put your albums under here

etc.

Just trying to figure out the easiest and most convient way to access the music from the steering wheel.

Thanks for the input.
I know the album art shows if you purchased the songs via iTunes even from the SF card. The only thing I get frustrated when navigating through album from one folder to another using the controls from the steering wheel is that you need to scroll to the top of the play list. Then click on the back above the first song to get you back to the album lists or folder lists. From the other controls you can do it more easily, but need to take your eyes off the road and can be a little more distracting.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Inyoury
I know the album art shows if you purchased the songs via iTunes even from the SF card. The only thing I get frustrated when navigating through album from one folder to another using the controls from the steering wheel is that you need to scroll to the top of the play list. Then click on the back above the first song to get you back to the album lists or folder lists. From the other controls you can do it more easily, but need to take your eyes off the road and can be a little more distracting.
True... I have album art on both the Juke Box, and SD card. Nothing on my iPod (same music in some cases), but thats a cable/iPod issue.

I gave up on the scrolling back thing and just use the back button on the console, I find that I use it a lot now for many things, and no longer have to look at it to "find" it, I can just reach down and touch it. Its a MUCH faster way to navigate the music structure.

jc