Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Leaving the port in Emded on 19th... can't' wait

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toneman82
My car arrived in Phoenix today. I'll pick it up tomorrow :-)! So from unloading in San Diego on the 16th, didn't take long to clear customs and get trucked even with the 3 day weekend.

Ordered early November. Will post pics once I get it.
Have fun meeting her in person

Last edited by dcmetro; 02-22-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Apolologize for reviving this thread.. I was just informed that my new A6 was loaded on the ship today and arrives San Diego on 13 April. Previous posters mentioned the webloc http--www.pwl.de-static-schedules-vwl_hb.pdf.webloc for all the ship load outs and dates yet I don't see any of them that would apply.. Does Audi use other carriers or should I consider the dealer's dates suspect.. I am in Phoenix area..
Old 03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Some people said that all West Coast/Midwest cars now arrive in Houston and those heading to the West Coast will get there by train/truck. Last time I checked the status of my car I got an ETA ship loaded 3/11 (earlier it said 3/10). The only ship that left at that time was the Camellia Ace which is due in Houston on 3/27 but left Emden on 3/10. So I just assume that my car is indeed on the Camellia Ace and will arrive in Houston on 3/27. Maybe yours in on the same boat and it will take 17 days to get from Houston to San Diago by train. If so then the Audi computer should now say Ship Loaded with an actual date (not just an ETA). My ETA for Dealer delivered is 4/23 (Chicago) so maybe your dealer is just repeating what the Audi computer estimates right now. Your sales guy should be able to confirm that.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's what i figured but salesman said they used San Diego.. I think you're right.. it's heading for Houston because 4/23 is the date mine is supposed to be at the dealer's also!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Audi is still shipping into San Diego for Western Region as far as I can tell, and the information given to me by my dealer in San Diego. I have been following some ships for Audi/VW into San Diego for the past couple months. Not all of them show up on http--www.pwl.de-static-schedules-vwl_hb.pdf web page. I notice some go from Emden over to Bremerton and then onto Southhamptom, England before going on to the Panama canal and then San Diego. I think since they are not going directly to San Diego, it does not show up on that Emden shipping schedule.

Besides, just last week I passed a car carrier coming from the Port of San Diego on its way north with a nice load of Audis all covered in plastic.

I have a Q7 coming in also around the same time as fr8tdog, so we are probably on the same ship.

You can check scheduled arrivals into San Diego at this web page (as of today, it is currently going out to the end of March)

http://www.portofsd.com/audi_start.htm

For all of Port of San Diego shipping see this page:
http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

Another cool thing with the first web link is you can also search for your specific car when it comes off the ship and goes through port prep and onto a truck. Go to the VIN search option, and use your dealer code in the blank and you can see the status. You can also ask your dealer to make sure a rush is put on the car through the port process (Sold Unit - Rush Request)

Western Region Dealer Codes: http://asset2.cars.audiusa.com/deale...DD_Western.pdf
Old 03-13-2012, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the info.. let me know if you find out the ship's name..
Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fr8tdog
Thanks for the info.. let me know if you find out the ship's name..
Looks like both of ours are on the Glorious Express

The tracking begins.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by weth
Looks like both of ours are on the Glorious Express

The tracking begins.
Excellent! Wonder when it sails..
Old 03-17-2012, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Underway now..
Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great! This month is going to crawl with the wait.

Quick Reply: Leaving the port in Emded on 19th... can't' wait